Navigation and various Infotainment Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Hi.. I'm Jesse.. I have been on this forum for a while and have helped several do various upgrades for their infotainment systems some have done the base radio to MyFord touch or even Sync and some have upgrade from MyFord touch to Sync 3. Now I am a sponsor so I figured Ill start a thread for myself because the other one is getting a bit cluttered.

I have plug in upgrades for the ones that want to upgrade from the base radio to MFT or Sync 3. The harnesses is made to eliminate any wire cutting or relocating. I have worked to make the upgrade from the base radio to a 8" system as painless as possible.

I also offer programming for people incase you would like to piece the parts together yourself. The programming is important so everything is matched for your car.

If you have MFT and want to add navigation it is $400.. there are a couple options. You can send me your current APIM and I can add nav to it and ship it back or I can send an APIM to you and you can just plug it in and have no down time. That would be $500

To add navigation to Sync 3 it is $1000 and it is 100% factory parts. You have to ship me your current Sync Module and I ship you a new module and you just plug it back in and you have nav.

Another upgrade I offer is the ACM(CD Player) programming. This is a option that changes the output of the radio from high level to low level. This is important because the low level doesn't ever clip and maxes out at 3.60 volts. The premiums are already configured this way so they do not require it but the base audio is high level. If you do this it basically gets rid of the need for a line out converter. There are some other benefits for this you can PM me if interested.

If you have any questions I am always available here though the thread or PM or email [email protected]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]iCmrXcuWETM[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Last edited:

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Any chance of getting the hardware and programming for sync 3 to add hd radio? I cant believe they still make that a separate module.

Looks like your local to me too!

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Any chance of getting the hardware and programming for sync 3 to add hd radio? I cant believe they still make that a separate module.

Looks like your local to me too!
Hi.. Yes.. I am.. we can add HD.. a replacement ACM is required.. but not an issue.. I can meet you and help with that as I do installs also.. I have been in this business for 20 years.. I do a lot of work for dealers in the Dallas area. if you would like to add HD I replace your ACM and have to program the Sync 3 APIM.

Thanks

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Hi.. Yes.. I am.. we can add HD.. a replacement ACM is required.. but not an issue.. I can meet you and help with that as I do installs also.. I have been in this business for 20 years.. I do a lot of work for dealers in the Dallas area. if you would like to add HD I replace your ACM and have to program the Sync 3 APIM.

Thanks
Any chance you will be in Jersey again?

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Any chance you will be in Jersey again?
I could.. I just would need the travel cost.. but for one job it gets expensive.. if there are a few people together it gets to be ok..

Ill go anywhere if people can get a few jobs together..

Sponsored

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
JC! Is that all new hardware or what
No.. new would be 3x that... the nav units would be a new APIM.. as I cant find Nav units.. screen and APIM have to be replaced..

I sell everyone I get I have a waiting list..

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
So how much is it to go from base to mft including all parts?

Sponsored
OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
So how much is it to go from base to mft including all parts?
It can vary .. you can do it as little as 6-700 it mostly depends on if you want any options such as HD radio or SAT radio.. navigation.. it can top out into the 12-1500 range with a factory premium bezel..

If you would like a custom quote PM me.. I can get you one that fits what you are looking for..

Thanks

rrobe53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
If you upgrade from base sync in a 2015 to sync 3, will you be able to run Android Auto/Car Play when it's released?

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
If you upgrade from base sync in a 2015 to sync 3, will you be able to run Android Auto/Car Play when it's released?
Yes... I am very upfront about this.. a major update has not been released through OTA.. so the wifi update may not be available as an option for the update.. but we still can use USB.. I just cannot say with 100% certainty how it will behave. One way or another we will get it upgraded..

Ford has stated that Car Play will require a hardware update of some kind as well.. I am guessing that would ne the USB hub. Ford is not the best about parts availability so when this update is released it could go into a BO status.. I will try my best to have whatever the part is in stock and get them also..

rrobe53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Alright, so..

• What would I be looking at price wise to go from base to sync 3, no navigation?
  • When you say it'll require additional hardware, what does that mean in terms of this solution? Will it be plug and play, or an entirely new purchase?
  • What does the trim look like? Does it completely change the system to Sync 3, ie HVAC etc?

OP
OP

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Just wanted to post a few photos of the harness..

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.