2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I noticed it a few days ago. It used to say (15-20 all) but now it says (15-18 all) so I'm guessing it won't work in 2019+ mustangs. Anyways I think it's way overpriced, I'd rather get the sync 3 swap for slightly more money, then you'd have genuine Ford sync 3.

OP
OP
Ashiq73

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Yea what you makes sense.

Since I had pretty much given up on upgrading my base stereo and had not looked into this for a while, I completely forgot about units like the Tom Top and such.

I am realizing now this unit is probably similar to those and probably not reliable either.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
I noticed it a few days ago. It used to say (15-20 all) but now it says (15-18 all) so I'm guessing it won't work in 2019+ mustangs. Anyways I think it's way overpriced, I'd rather get the sync 3 swap for slightly more money, then you'd have genuine Ford sync 3.
From what i heard with some aftermarket Navigations systems. The Plugs for the Camera is different on the 2019+ Cars instead of the 2015-2018. That is why it is probably 15-18 Only

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Just do the sync 3 upgrade, everything else is garbage for the most part.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I have this unit but bought it from Linkswell Inc. Seems to be quite capable although the boot up is 20 seconds. Had it for a few months now and am pretty happy with it. In retrospect, Sync 3 may be the better way to go but there are some cool things about these android based systems.
thumbnail_IMG_6116.jpg

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I have this unit but bought it from Linkswell Inc. Seems to be quite capable although the boot up is 20 seconds. Had it for a few months now and am pretty happy with it. In retrospect, Sync 3 may be the better way to go but there are some cool things about these android based systems.
thumbnail_IMG_6116.jpg

HOw did you get the fascia without the cd slot??

Dave

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
CD only comes with the B&O system. Everything else gets the panel pictured.

No I realize this. My question pertains to the facia itself. It doesn't have a cd slot while the ones I have seen all have the cd slot. Being the fact I have a 2020 which doesn't have a cd slot I don't want a fascia with the cd slot. From Americanmuscle..

390088_alt4?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No I realize this. My question pertains to the facia itself. It doesn't have a cd slot while the ones I have seen all have the cd slot. Being the fact I have a 2020 which doesn't have a cd slot I don't want a fascia with the cd slot. From Americanmuscle..

390088_alt4?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.jpg
I see what you are saying. Maybe the supplier to American Muscle is using an older fascia from when you could get a CD player without the B&O system. I certainly wouldn’t want the slot if a didn’t have a CD player.

Sponsored

Acme6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
thumbnail_IMG_6116.jpg
Sterling,

How did you do the image down in your coin tray?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sterling,

How did you do the image down in your coin tray?
That’s a plaque with the NAA (North American Aviation) emblem. Cannot find it online so maybe poster had it made.

Last edited:

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes I made the plate with two lapel pins found on ebay. The lettering were reverse print vinyl decals from a vendor in ebay as well. I did paint the interior of the NAA pin gloss black then sanded the raised letters and borders to the silver

IMG_6653.jpg

Kanubul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1966 Mustang
Has anyone heard or had any experience with this system?

I came across it for the first time on American Muscle Website:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/navos-mustang-oe-style-display-upgrade-with-navigation-406738.html

It retains a factory style look to it.

I am assuming you can upgrade from a 4" screen to this in the base mustangs but not sure yet.

Seems nice in the pictures but not sure of quality.
It looks cool, but this is garbage. I bought and returned it same day. It only runs Android 5.1. They have limited the menus to where you can't adjust any settings. Unable to get the apps to download to the SD card, the internal memory is less than 1GB of memory so you cant even download and move them. Don't waste your time and money. If you just want a bigger screen but no additional functions then by all means, its cheaper than the sync3 upgrade but I wouldnt do it.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Ever heard about 128gb thumbdrives? I had a Sync 2 in my last Mustang and this does a lot more than that ever did. Biggest complaint is the 20 second boot time but the car play is very cool.
Sponsored