Sponsored

Navigation GPS Module On/OFF

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hi, I was wondering if there is a setting or shortcut to enable/disable the Navigation GPS Module in MFT/SyncII like you would do with the power button on a TomTom unit or the likes?

I don't like the idea of having a GPS on at all times, just want it to be on when I need it! Thx
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Hi, I was wondering if there is a setting or shortcut to enable/disable the Navigation GPS Module in MFT/SyncII like you would do with the power button on a TomTom unit or the likes?

I don't like the idea of having a GPS on at all times, just want it to be on when I need it! Thx
Uh tinfoil on the antenna?

No, you can't turn it off. What are you worried about?

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Uh tinfoil on the antenna?

No, you can't turn it off. What are you worried about?
Tinfoil yeah right! Worried about? Nothing in particular, just wondering if there was an On/Off switch as I didn't see anything mentioned in the manual.
The same goes for the full sync/MFT system, just like in old fashioned cars radio On/Off etc. The heating & AC can still be dialed in manually I suppose.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Tinfoil yeah right! Worried about? Nothing in particular, just wondering if there was an On/Off switch as I didn't see anything mentioned in the manual.
The same goes for the full sync/MFT system, just like in old fashioned cars radio On/Off etc. The heating & AC can still be dialed in manually I suppose.

Sorry, it just sounded like you were scared of being tracked or something. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to turn the system completely off.

OP
OP
Notes

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Sorry, it just sounded like you were scared of being tracked or something. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to turn the system completely off.
Scared no, but I don't like the idea of it though. Maybe our privacy concerns in Europe are different than in the US. Anyway, I came up with the question while reading the car manuals this morning and didn't see any reference to it. So I figured to explore the sync II & MFT system to get familiar with it in advance of my delivery. I'm new to it...
Sponsored