Gumtp00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Vehicle Showcase
Our family is potentially making the move to Myrtle beach area because of the wife finding a position that she probably can’t turn down. I was wondering how inspections are for SC? I have 2 vehicles and both I’m worried about in a way. My daily is an f-150 on 12 wides and a 3.5” lift. Wondering if either one of those will impact inspection? My toy is a 16 mustang GT that’s catless with a corsa extreme and drag radials on the rear. I am sure that will be a headache to pass. I come from WV where inspection is a check of lights, wipers, tires, brakes and done. Thanks in advance for anyone with info.
Sponsored

BNSF E9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kona Blue GT350 2019 Baltic Sea Green Escape
Mike,
I moved to NMB from SoCal where they want to check the DNA for every bug you ever collected on every part of the vehicle. However, I've been here since 2003, and have never had to have a vehicle inspected. Things may have changed for new inspection & registration, but I don't believe so. You should contact SCDOT / DMV and check for certain. Now, when you get settled, check out CCMC (Coastal Carolina Mustang Club) and get information for a most excellent club. A lot of information, pictures, and general data on our web site. Our 11th Annual Car Show is still scheduled for October, but always subject to change due to COVID-19. Check things out when you have a chance.

Welcome!

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
They don't do vehicle inspections in south carolina. I live in the upstate. Spartanburg, SC

OP
OP

Gumtp00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info, I definitely appreciate it. I wanted to make sure in case I needed to prepare ahead of time. The move won’t happen until probably end of the year. If anyone has any insight on good/bad neighborhoods, school systems for the kids, etc it would be much appreciated too! I can research all day long but from people that live in the area helps a lot.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Your biggest concern will me traffic flow from home to work and work to home. Myrtle Beach is on an island dotted with many other towns. CAROLINA FOREST I heard is 40K strong now for a good reason.
Sometimes further is closer

Sponsored

Hopkins4224

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt 1997 gt
I’m in Charleston and have two stangs one completely straight piped and is loud and the 2020 is straight with roush axle back. Which is loud too. My f250 is deleted and straight piped so is loud and blows black smoke. Havent been messed with at all about any of em. My buddy has a 14 that I can’t hear any of mine while I’m driving over his. So I think u r safe. But like what was stated. Traffic. Just leave a piss bottle in the door haha

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
If/when you move to Myrtle Beach area talk to the locals. My Dad lived close to there and the locals know all the side/back streets to use to avoid most of the traffic. Locals just zip around with almost no problems. Hope all works out later this year and you move to SC.

SteelerJAXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible 3.7L V6
Coming from Pittsburgh... I was happy to find No Inspections and real low property tax... Neither of which are in Pennsylvania. I joined CCMC in September and finally got my Stang in October. I also second Carolina Forest... thats where I am, in my bright Black N Gold Convertible Mustang.
Sponsored