Sponsored

MyColor ambient lighting and gauges

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Probably a dumb question.. but how do you save the MyColor or the color you select for gauges/ambient lighting?? Every time I set these and turn the car off they reset.
Sponsored

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you done any mods to the electrical system? If not its under warranty!
Nope I sure haven't. Just picked her up yesterday haha don't want to have to take it in already :frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay so I kind of figured it out. I have the 401a package which has the memory seats. Just went outside to play around with it and if I set the memory option for "1" to a specific color, that color saves to that number. Makes sense.

However, the part that is still confusing to me seems to involve the key fobs. The car came with two key fobs. When unlocking the car with one specific key fob it will retain the color preference I have set to memory option "1" and everything works as it should. No complaints.

BUT if I unlock the car with the other key fob, the color for the gauges/ambient lighting returns to the stock color when I bought the car (which was green). Now I haven't test this part yet, but could one key fob be linked to memory preference "1" and the other linked to a different memory preference (2 or 3)?

I'll have to change the color options for 2 and 3 to test this next but just wanted to see if this made sense to anyone else or if anyone is aware of this haha. I actually tested this by sitting in the car with both key fobs and pressing the unlock button on each set and the colors for the gauges/ambient lighting would change back and forth. This can also be done from outside the car and looking at the different ambient lighting color through the window (since the gauge lights aren't turned on while the car is off).

Last edited:

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
However, the part that is still confusing to me seems to involve the key fobs. The car came with two key fobs. When unlocking the car with one specific key fob it will retain the color preference I have set to memory option "1" and everything works as it should. No complaints..
please read your manual

OP
OP
nrothaar

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
please read your manual
Thank you. I am reading the manual now but all I see is information on mykey and admin keys. Both keys are admin keys and no mykeys are setup
Sponsored