Sponsored

My P-Zeros at 8K miles

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Hello all, I'm not very knowledgeable about tires so I wanted some input. I've had my car about 8 months and have right at 8K miles on the car. I have been having some traction issues so I took a good look at my rear tires and was pretty shocked.

Know I know that how you drive the car plays a huge determination in tire life. So I am not looking to cast blame here, so please save me the "well if you didn't drive like crap" comments please. Constructive comments welcome.

vj3hxTY.jpg

TDdxxCG.jpg

To my untrained eye it looks like the rear tires are done at 8K miles. I also think I have uneven treadwear between my driver and passenger side.

About my car. 2015 Mustange GT PP with FRPP suspension installed by the dealer at about 1500 miles. I bought the car from dealer inventory and it had about 200 miles on it when I took ownership. I'm sure those were probably a hard 200 miles of test drives.

About my driving....I'm not going to claim I don't drive the car fairly hard. I regularly get towards the bottom of the MPG range people report to get from thier GTs. I don't typically burn rubber at every green light either though.

I have never tracked the car. Probably done 20 hard launches in it total. Never used line lock or otherwise done a burn out. i have only done donuts in the car on two occasions and one of those was on wet cement.

Anyway I guess all this is to say I am shocked at the wear, and not sure I can afford new tires every 8K miles. So I am looking for advice and opinions here. Can I expect better results from a different tire brand. Do I need to baby the car more? I didn't buy it granny drive it.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Hello all, I'm not very knowledgeable about tires so I wanted some input. I've had my car about 8 months and have right at 8K miles on the car. I have been having some traction issues so I took a good look at my rear tires and was pretty shocked.

Know I know that how you drive the car plays a huge determination in tire life. So I am not looking to cast blame here, so please save me the "well if you didn't drive like crap" comments please. Constructive comments welcome.

To my untrained eye it looks like the rear tires are done at 8K miles. I also think I have uneven treadwear between my driver and passenger side.

About my car. 2015 Mustange GT PP with FRPP suspension installed by the dealer at about 1500 miles. I bought the car from dealer inventory and it had about 200 miles on it when I took ownership. I'm sure those were probably a hard 200 miles of test drives.

About my driving....I'm not going to claim I don't drive the car fairly hard. I regularly get towards the bottom of the MPG range people report to get from thier GTs. I don't typically burn rubber at every green light either though.

I have never tracked the car. Probably done 20 hard launches in it total. Never used line lock or otherwise done a burn out. i have only done donuts in the car on two occasions and one of those was on wet cement.

Anyway I guess all this is to say I am shocked at the wear, and not sure I can afford new tires every 8K miles. So I am looking for advice and opinions here. Can I expect better results from a different tire brand. Do I need to baby the car more? I didn't buy it granny drive it.

Thanks in advance.
I feel your pain. Got only 11,500 miles on the rear Pirellis. I posted a thread the other day about how my rear Bridgestone Potenzas are shot after only 4.5k miles.

OP
OP

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Dang Beaux I guess I won't be considering those.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks about right. I Bought rear tires for 200 a tire at tire rack. Not to bad. Cheap enough to not feel bad about thrashing on them.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Not hearing much love for these tires, in this case his Pirelli's = Nero Zero for treadware.

rabbit_eater

This place makes me itch.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow '15 GT PP
I pulled my rear wheels off just shy of 5,000 miles for a spacer install and they don't look a whole lot better than yours. I think the problem is that even through this CA winter the cold temperatures just eat them up. I put Michelin Super Sports on my Focus ST and they performed spectacularly for a summer tire in the cold and I am definitely buying a set for my GT soon. 15k mile warranty on a staggered setup too.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Dang Beaux I guess I won't be considering those.
One piece of advice I received in my post about the Bridgestones is to have the alignment checked. SoulSpeed Performance aligned the car when they installed my Steeda lowering springs, and what I'm hearing is that the springs may have settled and the car needs to be aligned again.

Badcompany

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hennessey HPE750 Mustang
I found the best way to finish off the Pirellis... Rest in pieces...

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
springs always settle after installation, usually best to drive on it for a week or so before aligning

Sponsored

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
Since your left wheel is gone in the middle, I could say that the tire was over-inflated on that one. The right one looks evenly worn.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
pzero's just suck, 8k is good for them

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Its normal.brotha they wear out Quick

I recommend to change them to something other then pirelli recheck alignment and youll be good.
Sponsored