68 Stang 19

Air Force (Retired)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue Metallic
Picked her up this past Friday, had 3700 miles on it, was purchased from the original owner back in January 2015. Has the 400A package, ceramic interior and its a blast to drive...as you all know. I'm starting to get the mod bug now and will probably do the CAI and exhaust first. The sounds system will be getting an upgrade as well, but that I can wait a bit. Plan to take better pics of it this weekend out on the beach and maybe some 4K video with my drone!
15 Mustang2.jpg
15 Mustang3.jpg
15 Mustang4.jpg
15 mustang5.jpg
Butt.jpg
15 mustang7.jpg
15mustang1.jpg
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Looks good! I'm right over the line in GA myself from T&C Ford :cheers: You drove it back to FL?

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Looks great man. I noticed your handbrake engagement is very far. Mine was just like that, but I tightened the 10mm nut adjacent the driver's side of the resonator and now it only takes 3 clicks to be fully engaged.

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Beautiful color! I'm a bit biased, though, lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

68 Stang 19

Air Force (Retired)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looks good! I'm right over the line in GA myself from T&C Ford :cheers: You drove it back to FL?
I did...drove a rental one way to T&C Friday morning, dropped it off and walked next door to the dealership. Drove back after about an hour in the dealership and made it back home in about 4 hours. Great dealer from what I experienced.

OP
OP

68 Stang 19

Air Force (Retired)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looks great man. I noticed your handbrake engagement is very far. Mine was just like that, but I tightened the 10mm nut adjacent the driver's side of the resonator and now it only takes 3 clicks to be fully engaged.
I need to do that...I dont like how far it goes. So, it sounds like its a simple fix? I noticed that when its not engaged, there is slack in the handle....wonder if this would help it?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Love the color combo. Enjoy it!!

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I need to do that...I dont like how far it goes. So, it sounds like its a simple fix? I noticed that when its not engaged, there is slack in the handle....wonder if this would help it?
It doesn't help the slack in the handle much. I still have about 1/4'' of play sometimes and was hoping for zero play. The worst I've read people having was 1'' of play. It was an easy fix I did when I changed my oil I figured I might as well work on it. You need a deep socket 10mm, but there's not much room to swing the ratchet so it takes a while click by click and hopping back and forth into the car to see where it is at.

Sponsored
OP
OP

68 Stang 19

Air Force (Retired)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hope to match it with its grandpa, my 68! Might paint it the same color as the grand kid!
68 Mustang.jpg

paul1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hope to match it with its grandpa, my 68! Might paint it the same color as the grand kid!
Congrats on the car! I have the same problem, as i also have a 67 Green FB to match my 2015 Guard. :headbang:

It's definitely cool to have 2 of the same car only 50 years apart!

OP
OP

68 Stang 19

Air Force (Retired)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the car! I have the same problem, as i also have a 67 Green FB to match my 2015 Guard. :headbang:

It's definitely cool to have 2 of the same car only 50 years apart!
Very nice...I'm dropping a crate motor in it in about a month or so...dying to drive it after I do that. Looking at a 306, 390hp blueprint engine...the 289 is nice, but time to move up. :D

paul1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Very nice...I'm dropping a crate motor in it in about a month or so...dying to drive it after I do that. Looking at a 306, 390hp blueprint engine...the 289 is nice, but time to move up. :D
Yeah - i agree. Mine started life as a 289 that i built, but eventually i just needed more power. I then came across a 428, and well - there was no question! My only problem now is i need to find the time to finish it!