Sponsored

My new Mercedes C300 4matic Sport drives better than my '15 Mustang EcoBoost...

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
Exactly my point...my C300 Benz 4-door sedan (4matic sport pack) feels better balanced & quicker in traffic than my '15 Mustang Ecoboost...very surprising!

:cheers:
No disagreement...... many nice handling 4-dr sedans out there..... just not interesting on this Mustang forum.
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Silly premise at best...

The majority of late model vehicle owners have insurance policies to make accident repairs...so just not relevant...

My new Mercedes is about 10% cheaper to insurance than my '15 S500 Mustang...I have a $500 deducible policy...

:thumbsup:
good point. Sometimes I can worry about stupid stuff. And here I thought a Benz paint repair would run double or triple that of the Ford, but then its cheaper to insure than the S550. EB no less. Never mind. I will go back to what I was doing. :bolt:

OP
OP
HoustonMustang

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
You can't see your right vent can you? That's a visibility issue. We're not the only ones saying it. Many reviews have said the hood is 'long' and feels like you are sloping up.

It's not a major issue...can be fixed also with lower the front by an 1" like many have done.

Even my co-worker with a 2015 GT says it's hard to see. He even scraped his front right bumper pulling into a garage spot on a pillar...and blamed it on the visibility. $800 to fix...crazy.
Agreed...front visibility is comprised by the excessively long hood...there is a minimum of 6" inches of unnecessary overhang on the present S500...

But...the overall styling on the S500 is wonderful...great looking car...just a bit excessive in proportions ...

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Exactly my point...my C300 Benz 4-door sedan (4matic sport pack) feels better balanced & quicker in traffic than my '15 Mustang Ecoboost...very surprising!

What's so surprising about this? It's a premium car that's plenty sporty in its own right. Maybe I'm missing something :shrug:

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
That Mercedes is 4wd and can be as much as 25K more than a base Ecoboost. It is not Earth shattering that you feel this way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HoustonMustang

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...
That Mercedes is 4wd and can be as much as 25K more than a base Ecoboost. It is not Earth shattering that you feel this way.
Certainly not trying to pick on the S550 Mustang...great vehicles!

But...my new Mercedes just reminds me how much extra agility a trimmer & lighter Mustang might offer...can you imagine a 3350 lb Mustang...that would rock!

FYI...I drove a new Camaro this week...wow...what a great handling vehicle...the styling is not my cup of tea...but it sure drives nice...very agile in traffic!

DAGO GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAPTOR, 2015 GT PP
I am used to driving trucks in traffic. My GT feels much more agile in traffic than my Raptor, because it is smaller. It comes down to what you're used to. Although people tend to get over or let me in more so when I'm driving the Raptor. In traffic I feel much safer and can see better out of the truck. I can't believe this thread has gone on and on.:shrug:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

But...my new Mercedes just reminds me how much extra agility a trimmer & lighter Mustang might offer...can you imagine a 3350 lb Mustang...that would rock!

FYI...I drove a new Camaro this week...wow...what a great handling vehicle...the styling is not my cup of tea...but it sure drives nice...very agile in traffic!

I can imagine a 3350 GT. But with today's safety features and electronics you'd have to start with a car the size of a BRZ to get near that kind of weight. Or ad a ton of exotic materials that would push the cost of a Mustang out of its target market.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT

http://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/camaro
Curb weight: 3760 lb
Length: 188.3 in
Width: 74.7 in Height: 53.1 in

this is nearly identical physical specs as the Mustang. Except with a reduced greenhouse and large blind spots. It's very hard to imagine that it is "very agile in traffic!", relative to the Mustang.

217 postings, 5649 views to this thread (so far). Not bad OP ! :faint:

Maybe I will create a similar thread:

VW GTI is way more agile in Houston rush hour traffic than Mustang, and nearly any other car on the planet priced under a hundred grand.

http://www.caranddriver.com/volkswagen/gti
Curb weight: 3236 lb
Length: 168.0 in
Width: 70.8

Lets see if it can top your thread :lol:

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Thanks...but I think it's now the M4...and the C63...and how about 25 to 30 grand more! LOL

Now if they put the V8 C63S AMG engine into the M you would have something I would buy tomorrow.
Sponsored