Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The source for truth though, is FORD and their info on their build site is defective apparently. By thie section here, it looks like the Magnetic-painted Aluminum Wheels are part of 700A which the build shows regardless of selecting the optional tire or not. Correct me if I'm missing something here. Thanks.
The magnetic wheels are not part of the 700a package. They are available with either 600a or 700a as a stand alone $395 option just like the red calipers.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The source for truth though, is FORD and their info on their build site is defective apparently. By thie section here, it looks like the Magnetic-painted Aluminum Wheels are part of 700A which the build shows regardless of selecting the optional tire or not. Correct me if I'm missing something here. Thanks.
Try not to get to wrapped around the axle trying to figure this out. Ford's build and price site is notorious for their errors. They put a disclaimer on the site that releases them from any responsibly for these errors. So no you cannot sue Ford for their mistakes.

The optional wheels are available with either the 600a or 700a as they are a standalone option. The wheel size is as shown on the order guide as they use the same tires as the base wheel. Only the handling package get the wider wheels.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
When I got the confirmation from Zach at Granger Ford, it listed the exact options that I ordered. I am not sure if the OP saw it or just took the dealerships word for it.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The source for truth though, is FORD and their info on their build site is defective apparently.
This is true, but this is where vigilance from the consumer also comes in. Build and price, IIRC, is an outsourced product and is not directly created by Ford. However, the order guide is the OFFICIAL literature from Ford outlining the details of their vehicles. If it isn’t on the order guide, it can’t be ordered. Order guide is the best tool to use when trying to self-educate on options and packages and such, build and price is a good tool to visualize the product and calculate pricing

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Try not to get to wrapped around the axle trying to figure this out. Ford's build and price site is notorious for their errors. They put a disclaimer on the site that releases them from any responsibly for these errors. So no you cannot sue Ford for their mistakes.

The optional wheels are available with either the 600a or 700a as they are a standalone option. The wheel size is as shown on the order guide as they use the same tires as the base wheel. Only the handling package get the wider wheels.
I hear you (like the head wrapped around the axle image). So, do you think is it possible, before the car get's built (supposedly I'm in the queue for May 3) to just switch (for some $ of course) to the larger wheels?

Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I hear you (like the head wrapped around the axle image). So, do you think is it possible, before the car get's built (supposedly I'm in the queue for May 3) to just switch (for some $ of course) to the larger wheels?
Unless you order the HP there are no wider wheels you can order.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Get on the phone ASAP with your dealer to get it changed. There is a cut off date where your order is locked in and can’t be changed.

chorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will take some more pics in a couple days and post them.
sweet 2021 FJG mach1!, keep posting more pics...
four q's; 1) what chassis dash # did you get? (you already posted VIN#) 2) the mach1 on the bottom door rocker / scuff plate illuminates to any color, correct? 3) did you purchase the optional car cover?, if so, please post pic w/cover on 4) the grill faux light covers pop out, correct?, if so please post pic, thx.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
How many other people like the OP wanted a totally loaded out MACH 1 and aren’t getting what they thought was the order they placed? Sure this forum isn’t the grand picture of all MACH 1 sales or orders, but IMO, what the OP and the other M6G Memebr experienced, that’s a very deceptive practice by Ford.
This happened to me. I wanted the handling package wheels and spoiler, when I ordered mine in October the only option that sounded correct was the appearance package. My dealer was less than helpful and couldn't tell me anything about any of the options. So of course in November I found out about the handling package and that it wasn't going to be available until January, but it was too late by then. The car actually arrived (and sold) last week after I declined to purchase it.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
As always there are two sides of a coin. Yes, of course, Ford “should“ have done a better job. And yes, of course, the dealer and the salesmen “should” have known more about their product then the customer. OK, back to reality now. At the end of the day it is up to us, the consumer, to know exactly what we want. The information was out there. Confusing as shit, but it was out there. I feel for OP, really do, but........had he come on here before placing his order we would only be discussing how beautiful his new car is.

It’s easy to play the blame game. It’s harder to except the fact that you have to take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Especially when you’re buying a $60k car.
I ordered my Mach 1 on the very first day that ordering was open. There was not a lot of information available at that time about the handling package. If I had known, I would have waited to order mine once the package dropped.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my Mach 1 on the very first day that ordering was open. There was not a lot of information available at that time about the handling package. If I had known, I would have waited to order mine once the package dropped.
Basic information for the handling package was available long before the order banks opened. That said, the order banks opened on 10/14. This article ran on 10/21. You could have changed your order at that time.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37145...ffered-with-an-automatic-due-to-strong-demand.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Basic information for the handling package was available long before the order banks opened. That said, the order banks opened on 10/14. This article ran on 10/21. You could have changed your order at that time.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37145...ffered-with-an-automatic-due-to-strong-demand.
I could have changed it "had I known about it"

My order was placed 10/14 so I wasn't reading up any more on it...I was patiently waiting for my car to be built.

Edit: November is when I found out about the handling package being made available in January. It was too late by then.

The issue is that Ford really dropped the ball on this. I wasn't really active on this forum at the time. So to a normal Ford customer, Ford didn't come right out and say, "By the way, the car in the press releases won't be available for order for another 3 months, so hold your horses"

Last edited:

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT

I mean, if the online articles say you can order a new Mach One now and my dealer says "Sure c'mon in and we'll get you squared away," how would I know any different that I couldn't just walk in and order a loaded Mach One and get exactly what the pictures showed in every online article at the time?

All I'm saying is, it should have been as simple as walking in my dealership and placing an order and getting exactly what I wanted, and Ford didn't make it that easy. I pretty much showed them the pic online and said "Build me THAT car."

This pic:

Screenshot_20200625-215031_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I mean, if the online articles say you can order a new Mach One now and my dealer says "Sure c'mon in and we'll get you squared away," how would I know any different that I couldn't just walk in and order a loaded Mach One and get exactly what the pictures showed in every online article at the time?
I hear you and I’m sorry that the dealer let you down. I hope they can find a way to make it up to you.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I hear you and I’m sorry that the dealer let you down. I hope they can find a way to make it up to you.
I'm finished with that particular dealer. I bought 2 new cars from them but I won't buy from them again.

I told them as soon as I found out that that car wasn't going to be what I wanted and then they tried to strong-arm me into buying it when it showed up last week. Then when they had a new buyer lined up, then they wanted to say "Let us know when you're ready to buy your next new car!"

SMH.

Sorry if I came off pissy earlier, the whole experience made me ill. I was incredibly excited to get it, and it was my first time ordering a car ever.
Sponsored