My Key help with ForScan

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Hey guys ive searched around and really cant find an answer i was gonna post in the Forscan forum but decided to try here first before bugging those guys.
So my lil issue is that I only have one key and i accidentally activated My Key messing with settings, and now i cant get back admin fuctions back to the one key i have. So i called ford and they told me that i would have to buy a new key and get it programed thats $150+( I donno) for the key and $150 to program it...
anyways i googled some ways to do it and sounds like people are doing it with forscan software.
So i baught this obd2 reader and downloaded forscan software.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/...l=forscan&tag=obdlink-forscan-20&linkCode=ur2

My question is do I need the extended version of Forscan to put admin right back on my current key or could i just use their free version ?
Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Never mind found it on one of there sticky's, please delete. but if anyone else is searching here are instructions

It is typical situation when people have MyKey enabled and have no Admin key that would allow to clear MyKey feature. Previously, our support answered that there are 2 ways to do it with FORScan:

1. Reprogram PATS - erase all known keys and program 2 new ones. This removes MyKey completely, but it is quite "heavy" way: it requires 2 working different good quality keys and PATS programming functions (in FORScan it is available not for all models).

2. Disable MyKey options in IPC and other modules if available. This removes chimes and warnings, but not MyKey itself. Some limits, like speed limit, may remain active after this procedure.

But one of our users found a workaround about how to clear MyKeys with FORScan but without any programming. It can be done in FORScan for Windows or FORScan Lite for iOS, Android. Here is the exact sequence:

1. Start the car and connect to it with FORScan.
2 Start PCM KOER test (Tests->PCM Key On Engine Running On Demand Self Test)
3. Wait until the test is completed
4. Remove keyfob from the car in case of keyless system (with engine start button). In case of standard blade key, you have to block the transponder (for example, wrap the keyfob with a foil).
5. Stop the engine (turn the ignition off)
6. Turn the igfnition On but don't run the engine.
7. Go to MyKey menu in your instrument cluster and execute Clear MyKeys option .

You now have MyKey removed.

Note: this was tested on cars with gasoline engine, not tested on diesel engines.

Please leave your feedback on this method.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Good post & nice of you, after finding the answer to post it.
Well done ^

Accidentally activated My Key messing with settings, and now i cant get back admin fuctions back to the one key

Me :I will stop at step #1, do not mess with the key settings when in FORSscan, less &%$#@! headaches

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
No Problem daddy always told me never to bring a problem unless u can think of a solution

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
No Problem daddy always told me never to bring a problem unless u can think of a solution
I say that's some good advice right there, keeps the mind activity solving problems.

So many lack the ability to think for themselves. That one skill will carry you along way in life. It is obvious you also have common sense another lost skill.

Cheers, :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was curious what the heck MyKey does in real life, and how easy it'd be to reverse whatever you did, but after reading this message, guess will leave it alone. Ha ha. I have both keys (new car), but sounds like it's not worth the complication. I don't plan to ever let anybody drive my car. Ha ha. Wish it was as easy to set valet mode like with the Tesla. You just set a code, the speed limit, and it's done. After disabling it with your code, it's like you never did anything. Neat.

If I ever have to drop the car to a dealer, I'd like to set up valet mode, so guess the only way to do that is with that feature, right? Remember reading the manual about it, but it was poorly written, so it wasn't clear what do to, for what I remember.

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
If you have both keys its no biggie but sux if you only have one. Its a nice feature if u have somone else that drives your car, you would be able to set limits for that driver

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Never mind found it on one of there sticky's, please delete. but if anyone else is searching here are instructions

It is typical situation when people have MyKey enabled and have no Admin key that would allow to clear MyKey feature. Previously, our support answered that there are 2 ways to do it with FORScan:

1. Reprogram PATS - erase all known keys and program 2 new ones. This removes MyKey completely, but it is quite "heavy" way: it requires 2 working different good quality keys and PATS programming functions (in FORScan it is available not for all models).

2. Disable MyKey options in IPC and other modules if available. This removes chimes and warnings, but not MyKey itself. Some limits, like speed limit, may remain active after this procedure.

But one of our users found a workaround about how to clear MyKeys with FORScan but without any programming. It can be done in FORScan for Windows or FORScan Lite for iOS, Android. Here is the exact sequence:

1. Start the car and connect to it with FORScan.
2 Start PCM KOER test (Tests->PCM Key On Engine Running On Demand Self Test)
3. Wait until the test is completed
4. Remove keyfob from the car in case of keyless system (with engine start button). In case of standard blade key, you have to block the transponder (for example, wrap the keyfob with a foil).
5. Stop the engine (turn the ignition off)
6. Turn the igfnition On but don't run the engine.
7. Go to MyKey menu in your instrument cluster and execute Clear MyKeys option .

You now have MyKey removed.

Note: this was tested on cars with gasoline engine, not tested on diesel engines.

Please leave your feedback on this method.
So did you successfully code another key? These instructions are for erasing them correct?

Thanks I have to get a key coded too and I only have one.

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Yea I was able to remove my key feature using the only one key I had using forscan. If I had the forscan license I would be able to code a new key but I just ended up going to dealer to get a key coded, a buddy gave me one he had laying around.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Yea I was able to remove my key feature using the only one key I had using forscan. If I had the forscan license I would be able to code a new key but I just ended up going to dealer to get a key coded, a buddy gave me one he had laying around.
There is a local locksmith who states they do it way cheaper then the dealer. Going to get a quote tomorrow hopefully
Sponsored