lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
These came in yesterday.

Install was very straight forward. Definitely see how these help, as even up on ramps its not easy getting to the back bolts, or the under carriage.

Im already seeing how these will make wrenching and most services easier to perform.

What is needed:

15mm socket.

Wrench or air tools. I use air for most jobs, and having an air ratchet made this a breeze.

Ramps (not necessary, but make it much easier)

Ramp it up:

Undo the two front bolts.

They're long so air helps here.

Looking at the front bolts from the rear of the car.

I didnt take pics of the rear bolts, as its pretty self explanatory. Only caveat. The printed instructions mention that not all car have all the bolts installed. On the rear, my car only had one of the bolts. The other hole was empty. The supplied 8 bolts from Steeda came in handy here.

I didnt replace the bolts on the car with the supplied bolts as they ones in the car were better bolts. Still 10.9, but a higher quality bolt.

Rear bolts installed. You can see that the bolt at the top of the image is the original bolt on the car, while the lower one is one of the ones supplied by steeda. Both quality fasteners.

Front to Back View: Installed

Tighten it all together and you're done.

View of the passenger side rail installed.

Another installed pic.

Jacking it up becomes a cinch.

With my low profile harbor freight jack, I can get the whole side of the car up and on top of jacks with just a few moves.

Great product. Glad it came it as I have a catback exhaust coming in tomorrow. Install will be made easy.

In the below picture the bolt in the back was already installed, and the second from back was just an empty socket. Thats where the steeda bolts came in handy.

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I need to invest in jacking rails, are you happy with that HF jack? I use a pair of wooden ramps to get the needed clearance for my Craftsman jack, but that gets old, Ive been looking at the HF jack for awhile now

OP
OP
lucasszy

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
I need to invest in jacking rails, are you happy with that HF jack? I use a pair of wooden ramps to get the needed clearance for my Craftsman jack, but that gets old, Ive been looking at the HF jack for awhile now
Thats the Pittsburgh low profile 3 ton racing jack. Have had it about a year and have been nothing but happy with it.

I'll see how it works when the car sits 1.1 inches lower. Im pretty sure that it will still slide under.. Just barely, but should fit.

The Ramps have also been a great buy. Craftsman I think, and they came from sears or someplace like that. Just enough lift to get a creeper under most cars for oil changes and the like.

Even with the jacking rails the ramps are a must have for me.

FatThigh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Hugh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the quick and easy write up. Installed the BMR version of these today on the HEP... very nice!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey OP, I also have the Steeda full length, low-profile jacking rails, but don't look like yours; they're all 'boxed'. Or are yours the regular ones??? If yes, why didn't you want the low profile/longer ones, when they cost the same? Just curious. By the way, your ramps are 'Rhino Ramps' (you can read that on one of your pics), just like mine, not Craftsman. They're awesome indeed. I haven't jacked my car from the 'middle' yet, so will have to spend time finding the perfectly balanced spot, and mark it with a punch/screwdriver/etc, for future times. I guess it can change a little, depending on fuel level, but should be pretty close.

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
There are two types of Steeda Jacking Rails, regular and “light weight”.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Nope. Below are the 2 types ad-verbatim from Steeda's site (https://www.steeda.com/2015-2019-mustang-jacking-rails):

1. Full length, ultra-lite, and low-profile chassis jacking rails $109.95
2. Ultra-lite, low-profile chassis jacking rails $149.95

As you can see above, both say 'ultra-lite', and both also say 'low-profile'. And now I see that the #2s are $40 more expensive. Why??? I have the #1s, which should be the more expensive ones, I'd assume. Just curious about their differences. Thx.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
As a side on HB jacks, I've had one for 20+ years that still works like a champ! Its not the same as the OPs and the quick jack feature has long left the building but the thing keeps going after all this time without a rebuild. Very impressive for a HB tool!

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Nope. Below are the 2 types ad-verbatim from Steeda's site (https://www.steeda.com/2015-2019-mustang-jacking-rails):

1. Full length, ultra-lite, and low-profile chassis jacking rails $109.95
2. Ultra-lite, low-profile chassis jacking rails $149.95

As you can see above, both say 'ultra-lite', and both also say 'low-profile'. And now I see that the #2s are $40 more expensive. Why??? I have the #1s, which should be the more expensive ones, I'd assume. Just curious about their differences. Thx.
what ever. Splitting hairs.
Sponsored