Sponsored

My GT350 was harpooned by a kayak paddle

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Lucky it didn't jam underneath the car and poke up through and skewer your ass!

Worst I ever saw was a load of cement blocks - a pallet spilled off the side of a flat bed and they were spread across all 4 lanes of the highway. About a dozen cars got wrecked by running into and over the blocks. I was driving a Dodge PU towing a huge Coleman pop up trailer (about 3600 lbs worth) and I had to slalom that rig through the wreckage like I was driving Auto-X! The tires were howling and the trailer was skittering sideways!! All kinds of stuff inside the cab went flying around too. I narrowly escaped a full on jackknife rollover.

I can only imagine the stories the other drivers tell about seeing a guy putting a big Dodge pickup and trailer on two wheels and narrowly avoided catastrophe that day!
Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
I had one jack_SS come flying by me one time trying to show off his loud truck.

Must have been a good day boating or fishing with a few too many in him.

He took a curve a few hundred yards in front of me at over 80 and the boat decided it wanted to keep going straight. The boat rolled off the trailer but was tethered in front by the winch rope.
What happened next was beautiful. The truck, trailer and boat all fought to see what direction they would go in, all the time dragging the boat hull along the tarmac. The boat ended up about a half a foot shorter, the trailer and truck kissed a few times and the drunk driver had the nerve to ask me if I would help him load the boat back on the trailer (which was no longer drivable ) before the police showed up.

I proceeded to dial 911 and report the accident.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I was following a pickup one time on I-75 in my Grand Prix. He had a "homemade" tailgate from a piece of plywood. I noticed it was moving a lot and thought, "that this is going to come off at some point". Too much traffic for me to get over and of course, it did come off. Hit my hood, bounced up and hit the windshield sideways which exploded immediately, bounced up and smashed down on my trunk. The driver kept going.

Then I was following another pickup on I-94 in my Mustang. He was carrying orange cones in a stack on his front bumper. One lifted up and he had no problem straddling it. Unfortunately that meant at 75 mph the orange cone suddenly appeared in front of me. Bent up my RTR splitter and the lower part of the bumper, broke the lower grill, and ripped the air dam under the car off.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm really sorry hear of your misfortune OP.

It may seem like a rare event, but that's why we don't allow kayaks on the freeways in California.

Sponsored

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
This sounds like a Farmers Insurance commercial.

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
The other day, I saw a small compact on the freeway. It had a large picture frame tied to the roof.
At freeway speed, the frame was lifting significantly, so the passenger SAT on the window ledge and SPLAYED HIS TORSO OVER THE PICTURE FRAME. The frame and the passenger were both lifting up and down at 55mph, the driver obviously clueless.

Luckily, he got off at the next exit and the driver behind him didn't get to drive over his tumbling body.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
HEY! I'm a millenial and I also own a couple of flannel dress shirts, but that's only because I grew up in Canada and it is part of the national uniform :giggle:
Flannel Dress Shirts. Never heard those words spoke together before.

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
Time to name your car Moby Dick, the orange whale?

I'm glad the damage seems to be minor.

Also, flying matresses on the highway appear to be a way bigger problem than i anticipated.
Sponsored