My Ford Touch update

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Yes, I know Sync 3 is the thing now, but I was wanting to get a New Nav Card for my 15 MFT but all the ebay ads say. Make sure your My Ford Touch is up to date.

Obviously ford as stopped updates for MFT but how do I know mines up to date? If not where can I get it from.

Side questions. My wife has a 2013 MKZ with MFT and for some reason all the Nav cards on ebay say it will only work on a 2014-2105 MFT.

Thanks
Steven
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Steven

I have a 2015 Ford touch with Nav. it came with the "A6" SD card.

Go to the My Ford website. Fill in your VIN and check what Sync update is the latest.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Then go to your HELP screen on your car, and write down the information they ask for on the website. Very quickly, you will know if you need to update your MyFord Touch.

I just checked mine and was OK.

Then, I bought the A8 package at a discount as A9 is now out.

The answers you need are out there on their websites.

CVCashmere

Yes, I know Sync 3 is the thing now, but I was wanting to get a New Nav Card for my 15 MFT but all the ebay ads say. Make sure your My Ford Touch is up to date.

Obviously ford as stopped updates for MFT but how do I know mines up to date? If not where can I get it from.

Side questions. My wife has a 2013 MKZ with MFT and for some reason all the Nav cards on ebay say it will only work on a 2014-2105 MFT.

Thanks
Steven

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

Thanks
Steven
You should be fine. I have a 2015 F-150 and I've never received any MFT updates. I just put in an A8 card I bought off eBay and it works fine. What A series card is currently in your wife's MKZ?

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Steven

Go to the My Ford website. Fill in your VIN and check what Sync update is the latest.

Then go to your HELP screen on your car, and write down the information they ask for on the website. Very quickly, you will know if you need to update your MyFord Touch.

CVCashmere
Yeah, it says it's up to date and the last update was done in 2015.

Same thing for my wifes MKZ. Says it's up to date and the last update was in 2013. So I know they've had updates since then. lol

I think Ford just stopped caring about the MFT people. lol

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Steven

CVCashmere
You should be fine. I have a 2015 F-150 and I've never received any MFT updates. I just put in an A8 card I bought off eBay and it works fine. What A series card is currently in your wife's MKZ?

I will have to look. Not sure.

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, it says it's up to date and the last update was done in 2015.

Same thing for my wifes MKZ. Says it's up to date and the last update was in 2013. So I know they've had updates since then. lol

I think Ford just stopped caring about the MFT people. lol
There has actually only been like one update in years. The last public release was done in 2015, which is Sync2 v3.8. I read there is a 3.10 version out there, but I believe it has to be done at the dealership.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
There has actually only been like one update in years. The last public release was done in 2015, which is Sync2 v3.8. I read there is a 3.10 version out there, but I believe it has to be done at the dealership.
You are right

Well, I meant to post not long after I made this thread.

I found on the F-150 forum and Focus forum that there is the update you are talking about. But I see no where to download it from.

All they discuss is the load time and some have problems installing it. But no links or info on to where they download that update.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
You are right

Well, I meant to post not long after I made this thread.

I found on the F-150 forum and Focus forum that there is the update you are talking about. But I see no where to download it from.

All they discuss is the load time and some have problems installing it. But no links or info on to where they download that update.
If you want the 3.10 update, the dealership will do it. I found the download link for the 3.10 update in several forums. I'll have the dealership do mine when I take my F-150 in for a recall notice I received. From reddit and the F-150 forum, it didn't sound like anyone had any issues installing it from the download link someone posted. I'm just afraid to do it since I don't have the current 3.8 version on a USB I can revert to just in case something goes wrong.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)

Droid_Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
If you want the 3.10 update, it can now be downloaded from the Ford website.

Enjoy!

CVCashmere
Were you able to successfully install 3.10? I was surprised to see that there was actually an update. I followed the instruction and it fails to complete. It was basically the exact same instructions to update my F150 Sync 3. I had no issues with that update.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Guess I never saw the post after mine.

I just put a Sync 3 in mine. I'll be honest I had no issues with MFT. The only thing I hated was how sluggish it was to respond to touch. It made it really annoying going through songs on my thumb drive.

Sync 3s are very afford now and if you know how to use forscan. It's a easy swap.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
I am going to upgrade the My Ford Touch this weekend.

Will let you know how it turns out.

CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
I am going to upgrade the My Ford Touch this weekend.
Will let you know how it turns out.
CVCashmere
I tried twice this weekend to update using the properly formatted thumb drive exFAT. Still it started, then failed after a few minutes.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

thanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored