My Experience Installing the Mishimoto CAI

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
The install went very well, the online video is very helpfull. My mistake was not allowing enough time for unseen consequenses--I finished the job just in time to have to leave for work and reallized the Brake Warning Light and the Hood is Ajar messages were on, I know the hood was closed and the parking brake off. As I pulled into work the computer told me the Hill Holder wasn't working, even though I got an automatic, oh yah it was raining a bit and the wipers didn't work. Now I know I disturbed something but what? I sent a message to Mishimoto asking if they had an ideal and the answer was bad ground, makes sense to me. After work I took the unit apart and focused on the ground screw that the housing uses as a mounting point. I removed the box and tightened the bolt and bingo everything works. So I used a sanding stick to remove the paint on the box where the screw goes and now everything is working great.
BTW this is my first turbo engine and the sound from the CAI is very different than a V8--Its a loud HISSSSS that comes on quickly--any one else also get this?
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yep that sound is totally normal

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Glad you got it sorted out with an easy fix.

That hiss you hear is perfectly normal for an aftermarket CAI on the ecoboosts.

now...time for some pictures and a video :D

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The install went very well, the online video is very helpfull. My mistake was not allowing enough time for unseen consequenses--I finished the job just in time to have to leave for work and reallized the Brake Warning Light and the Hood is Ajar messages were on, I know the hood was closed and the parking brake off. As I pulled into work the computer told me the Hill Holder wasn't working, even though I got an automatic, oh yah it was raining a bit and the wipers didn't work. Now I know I disturbed something but what? I sent a message to Mishimoto asking if they had an ideal and the answer was bad ground, makes sense to me. After work I took the unit apart and focused on the ground screw that the housing uses as a mounting point. I removed the box and tightened the bolt and bingo everything works. So I used a sanding stick to remove the paint on the box where the screw goes and now everything is working great.
BTW this is my first turbo engine and the sound from the CAI is very different than a V8--Its a loud HISSSSS that comes on quickly--any one else also get this?
So you fixed the hill assist error crap with making sure the ground was grounded properly? because I'm getting that same error, but my wipers work. XD
Sponsored