Sponsored

My convertible leaks in heavy rain

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Sorry you're having issues. I've not noticed any water intrusion no matter how hard the rain when I'm driving. Mine is garaged so I haven't had any issues with leaves or other debris building up. Hard to imagine that would cause water to enter the vehicle as shown in your photo. Wish you luck in resolving it!

OP
OP
VertGal

VertGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Convertible Guard Manual
DropTop - sent you a PM back. Thanks.

Rob00GT - good taste in color combination for your vert! It's just like mine.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Man, sorry to hear you have so many troubles. So far I have been lucky, though mine is also garaged but sits in the parking lot at work when it is raining. I have noticed that the seat belts can feel slightly damp at different times, but not obviously drenched or anything. Could just be cold to the touch. Going to start using 303 products rubber seal conditioner to see if it helps where the top latches to the windshield. Using it on our 13yo Expedition to try it out, which was leaking around the rear lift window.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Its not just leaves.

On my other vehicle, with a sun roof, its drain tubes get clogged too. With other tree "stuff" like pollen, buds, pedals, stems, and such. What I do, is reverse flush the drain tubes every so often. For example, the rear ones exit around the rear trunk lid. So, I press the garden hose nozzle firmly against the rubber tube exit, and press the trigger. I'm surprised at all the junk that comes squirting out the other end of the tubes and gutters.

Sponsored

OP
OP
VertGal

VertGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Convertible Guard Manual
WaltA,

You are correct, it is leaves and other stuff that falls from the trees. I live around a lot of oak trees, so the seed pods that drop in the spring are a big issue. Can you give more detail on where the drain lines begin and end? I will try your suggestion. As of now, the dealer has cleared the lines but if there is a way I can keep them clear I will do that. The dealer had no suggestions for me on how to keep them clear, other than moving or using a car cover. Using a car cover in the spring and fall when the worst of the stuff drops from the trees may be what I have to do.

Aggie96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
In the BMW world, we used extra strength Drain-o. I could always tell when my drains were clogged by the swimming pool sloshing around in the back of my car during a heavy rain. At that point, I knew it was time for the drain-o treatment. I assume that it would work for the Mustang?

canvert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Does anybody know where the drain holes are? Would like to see if mine are clogged. Came back to a wet floor on the rear passenger side. Not sure where the water is coming in from.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Does anybody know where the drain holes are? Would like to see if mine are clogged. Came back to a wet floor on the rear passenger side. Not sure where the water is coming in from.
The drain hole is a plug under the seat on the drivers side, under the carpet though (passenger side if in the UK)
Remove the seat and lift the carpet from the wall in front of the rear seats.

Good luck!

canvert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
The drain hole is a plug under the seat on the drivers side, under the carpet though (passenger side if in the UK)
Remove the seat and lift the carpet from the wall in front of the rear seats.

Good luck!
Not sure that is it. Looking for the drain lines. Something like shown in this video from the previous generation Mustang.

Sponsored

Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Damm it .... This is our first car in almost 40 years ... 2019 picked up in mid August. Went out today to move it and noticed about a half cup of water in the passenger weather tech floor mat. So for the heck of it I lifted the mat and the rug under it was frigging soaked also. We live 11 moles West of Nashua, NH and have been getting ALOT of rain the last month. It is not our daily driver so we just noticed it. We only drive it when it is nice out and we havent ridden it in the rain at all. WTF ... $50,000 for a frigging leaking car ?
Calling the dealer in the morning ...
Rob ....

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I feel your pain...

CVcashmere

Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I did a little research online and found out what I think is the problem. I believe it is a clogged cowl drain causing the problem :-(
Will call the dealer and have them take care of it.
Will also have them check the cabin filter to see if it is frigging soaken also.
So pissed right now !
Rob ....

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Rob
please provide more information about the potential "cowl clog". This could happen to any of us.

thanks

CVCAshmere

Rob Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Called dealer last week and complained. Told them I was not happy that my 2019 Mustang with 1900 miles leaked WORSE than my 2013 Jeep 4-door Wrangler that has 64,000 miles. I told them I think I know why it is leaking but they told me they have to go through a procedure just to make sure. Then they told me " IF " it is a clogged issue then it is NOT warranted and I would have to pay ( trust me there will be a bitch fest if THAT happens ). I am supposed to drop it off tonight to be looked at but it is suppose to snow so I am calling them today to postpone it until this Friday or some other date were the weather is not so crappy.
Sponsored