Sponsored

Stang#5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
Wait, did you say let your dog into your new car and food? We must be different kinds of people. I would never let people eat or bring food into my 2020 let alone my pup. I love my dog but that's why I have two cars one for life (pets, food, etc) and one for fun. Your killing me. I'm just thinking of the new car smell being overtaken by the taco smell...Yikes

But beautiful car my friend and congrats.
Sponsored

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Certainly to fuck with us, pay for "premium". At that price they could've given us 2 sets of rims, for summer and winter 😁 But it was a dealer made order so I couldn't change anything (I'd take them anyway since they're just so nice).
Fuck sake, its 3 times the price. Its just ridicolous. AI also assume now that those are very much same wheels, so its not black as on the pictures from our Europe configuration but "dark grey" as @ChitownStang posted in his real photos? So to have it black i will have to order another painting?

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
Wait a minute! You put stinky tacos in a brand new Mach 1. Congrats on the car it’s beautiful!

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Although as posted in US it says "magnetic painted" and in Europe/UK its "high gloss magnetic" so maybe there is a difference. On the pictures it looks black.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Does anyone know if the brakes are already bedded on a brand-new Mach 1 or should I be looking for a place I can do a few back and forth runs without stopping?

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Does anyone know if the brakes are already bedded on a brand-new Mach 1 or should I be looking for a place I can do a few back and forth runs without stopping?
Pardon my weenie ness. What is bedded?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Pardon my weenie ness. What is bedded?
More common term would be "break-in". (Admittedly, this is from a layman, but I just did it on my 2015 GT after installing new Z23 pads on the front, and the difference was noticeable very quickly!) The "bedded" term comes from bedding -- matching -- the pads to the disks by a few quick cycles of heating (moderately hard braking) and cooling, without stopping, which also chemically changes the surface layer on the pads.
I welcome any corrections to my understanding of this!

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, after doing some more driving this weekend, I can tell you this car is very Fast!
Still keeping it under 5500 rpm's for my breakin rules , Its got so much more power in lower RPM's than my 15 with a tune. Also, the Aero must be exceptional on this car because 110 felt like 40...scary smooth. I have not gone more than half throttle and I'm super happy with my purchase so far!

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Guys, after doing some more driving this weekend, I can tell you this car is very Fast!
Still keeping it under 5500 rpm's for my breakin rules , Its got so much more power in lower RPM's than my 15 with a tune. Also, the Aero must be exceptional on this car because 110 felt like 40...scary smooth. I have not gone more than half throttle and I'm super happy with my purchase so far!
After putting the Power Pack 2 on my 2015 GT Premium, I fully appreciate the power in the low end. I could feel it just moving it from the install bay to my spot on the showfield at the 2018 Ford Nationals, without going over 15 mph! Huge difference from a stock 5.0.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Did you do anything to bed the brakes?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
After putting the Power Pack 2 on my 2015 GT Premium, I fully appreciate the power in the low end. I could feel it just moving it from the install bay to my spot on the showfield at the 2018 Ford Nationals, without going over 15 mph! Huge difference from a stock 5.0.
I had a steeda tune and intake which helped down low on my 15 but still not even close

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do anything to bed the brakes?
I did not... should I do something with brakes?
Is there something in the manual for break in procedure on the Mach?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I had a steeda tune and intake which helped down low on my 15 but still not even close
Yeah, the PP2 puts a clear kick-in-the-butt in the low end. Today I drove from New England to Mid-Atlantic and enjoyed every time I got to re-enter the highway! Given the Mach 1 has a custom tune -- not just the GT PP2 tune -- I expect it will be even better!

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I did not... should I do something with brakes?
Is there something in the manual for break in procedure on the Mach?
There is nothing in the manual about brake break-in, which I find a little odd considering that every reputable brake manufacturer prescribes a very clear bedding procedure.

Given that, I'm going to treat them the same way I just did the new Z23 pads on my 2015, per PowerStop's procedure. Five forceful braking from 40 mph to 10 with no stops, then five forceful from 35 to 5 with no stops, then at least 20 minutes of casual driving with no stops. The challenge is finding a stretch of road or large parking lot to do just that without coming to a complete stop.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
There is nothing in the manual about brake break-in, which I find a little odd considering that every reputable brake manufacturer prescribes a very clear bedding procedure.
I wonder if it would apply more to slotted rotors or more aggressive pads
Sponsored