Sponsored

My 22 Order - Need Help Please

AJ3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hi All,
I'm in a sticky situation and would appreciate any help !!
I placed my order for the 22 Mustang Gt premium on the 21st of January with Sterling McCall Ford in Houston, TX and paid a 1000$ deposit. I was only given a receipt for the deposit I paid for and no other documentation( no DORA papers or confirmation).
I kept calling my dealer every few days asking for additional paperwork and they keep saying that they are waiting on Ford to get back to them on it.
This clearly doesn't make any sense as I should have received my DORA paper right away or shortly afterwards. It's been well over a month now and have not received any communication from my dealer.

What should be my next course of action?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Sorry to hear about this, as I realize it is frustrating. I'll mention just a few things here, and then give you a link below to a previous set of posts I made on this forum of my experience. If you read through my posts and links from there, it might give you some things to consider or try.

• When you placed the order, did you give your dealer your email address to attach to the order?
  • If your dealer is using the WBDO system, most are I assume, (Web Based Dealer Order system), then they should be able to print direct from that system a DORA sheet. Maybe the dealer hasn't actually placed the order in WBDO, or submitted it from WBDO to Ford yet? In my case, my dealer sat on my order in WBDO for 10 days before actually submitting the order to Ford.
Anyhow, below is the link with my stories, history and experiences:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2022-order-questions.169614/post-3450954

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Hi All,
I'm in a sticky situation and would appreciate any help !!
I placed my order for the 22 Mustang Gt premium on the 21st of January with Sterling McCall Ford in Houston, TX and paid a 1000$ deposit. I was only given a receipt for the deposit I paid for and no other documentation( no DORA papers or confirmation).
I kept calling my dealer every few days asking for additional paperwork and they keep saying that they are waiting on Ford to get back to them on it.
This clearly doesn't make any sense as I should have received my DORA paper right away or shortly afterwards. It's been well over a month now and have not received any communication from my dealer.

What should be my next course of action?

Thanks in advance...
Did they have you sign an Itemized Order Preview, if not, how do you know how much you'll pay for the car, and if they have the correct options you asked for? Mine has the MSRP and Invoice pricing on all my options as well as fees. It also calls out that my final price is 2% under invoice pricing.

Did you get an email Order Confirmation from Ford? If not, then it's probably not ordered yet. It literally takes a couple minutes to submit it the order after they get all your info and options, and you should get an email from Ford within 24 hours.

If you live near the dealer, go down there and have them show you the WBDO or DORA and print you a screen shot of it. Also, get something in writing with the price and preferably an itemized list of options. If you are too far away, email the general manager and get him to have someone email a copy to you.

If they can't do any of these things within a very short period of time, ask for you deposit back and find a dealer that will. Get the price in writing before you give them a deposit, and make sure they order it and send or hand you a copy of the WBDO or DORA info.

If that place doesn't work out, If you don't mind doing everything online or picking it up in Iowa, check out Granger Motors. They are a sponsor here and are doing 4% under invoice for non-Mach1 or GT500 Mustangs. Either way make sure you get and that you are aware of the Factory $1000 Off for cars Ordered before April 4th.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Agree with all the above. I had a confirmation e-mail from Ford moments after leaving the dealer.

Walk into your dealer, ask for and confirm status.

Last edited:
OP
OP

AJ3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Thanks for the info guys!!
I did sign an Itemized Order Preview with the build and it was just for the MSRP. They only gave me my receipt for the 1000$ deposit and nothing else.
This is a reputed dealer in the Houston area and I'm really disappointed in this service,
I'm going to go in person today and give them hell !!
Man, I was super excited to get my new car even with a 4 month wait but this lack of communication is driving crazy. I work a travel job and I just got back home to this stuff :(
Sorry bout the venting guys!

Sponsored

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Agree with all the above. I had a confirmation e-mail from Ford moments after leaving the dealer.

Walk into your dealer, ask for and confirm status.
Email like this correct?
confirm.PNG

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Email like this correct?
confirm.PNG
Correct. That is the first email, confirming the order. The next email you get will be when the Flat Rock Ford Plant pulls your order from the order bank (where it is now), and schedules it for Production. That is when you get a VIN and build week assignment, and that information will be in that email.

Last edited:

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Correct. That is the first email, confirming the order. The next email you get will be when the Flat Rock Ford Plant pulls your order from the order bank (where it is now), and schedules it for Production. That is when you get a VIN and build week assignment, and that information will be in that email.
Awesome thank you! Will be awhile before that happens I assume! Production is shut down until 3/14 and can't imagine we are at the top of that list!

OP
OP

AJ3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Update: I went in person and after some not so-friendly language I was finally given by documentation. I do have a VIN and order number now.

Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Since you got the VIN it sounds like they had submitted your order and things are proceeding. Sad that communications are so poor!!! Hopefully all on-track for you. Production week????
I ordered my 2022 last Monday (signed purchase agreement and deposit) and received that confirmation email from Ford later on Monday. Because of the changes between 2021 and 2022 I asked my salesman to get me a copy of the build sheet. He later sent me a copy of the DORA from Ford that included the details including vehicle, packages, all options, and prices. Hope the production line moves smoothly over the next few months!