Sponsored

Mustang Vs Audi RS3

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
I know theres a thread on the main board about the dude that bought a 2018 RS3 and then returned it for a mustang.. but thought I'd start a convo her in the Aus board.

I test drove a 2016 RS3 today and geeee wizz, that thing is fun. The interior, the sound, the acceleration. Perfect.

The outside is understated and in my opinion nowhere near as good looking as the Mustang, but i think in almost every other way the RS has the stang covered.

Its got me pretty twisted as to weather i go for a 2nd hand 2016 RS3 or wait for a 2018 mustang.

Any experiences/thoughts would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
And you can get a new 2017 GT for $56.5k, 13.5k and old to new is a massive difference.
If you read my original post, I said I'm comparing the 2018 model Mustang and a 2nd hand 2016 RS3.

18 Mustang will likely be close to 70k.. so no, not a massive difference.

Sponsored

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
when i was looking for my new car, i went with the mustang, i looked at the RS3, the golf R, the evo x, the STI, pretty much every good car in the sub 100k range, they felt bland and lacking in personality, the euro's made me feel like a sales rep, the japs made me feel like i had to explain the benefits of active yaw control to everyone, i'm glad i chose the mustang, sure it's "spirited" in the wet, sure the back seats are useless. but it has personality, and when people see it driving down the road and give it the thumbs up that makes me happy, and really, we all need more happy.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
They are both lovely cars and either will serve you well. At my gym there is a guy with a beautiful blue example of the Audi and then there is my yellow pony. Both look fantastic both do things differently but with the same end result for the owner - big grins for the respective owners.

It's your money and your automotive experience.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I absolutely loved my mustang but performance wise the RS3 is in a completely different league, it truly is a wolf in sheeps clothing and will embarrass every single mustang at the lights even the big dog in his super snake.

Where the Rs3 loses out considerably is its meagre looks, it isn't aggressive enough for me and the steering feels rather dead. Fit and finish is miles ahead of the mustang.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Where the Rs3 loses out considerably is its meagre looks...
Agree with that and it's why I didn't even consider it when shopping but did look at the AMG A45, BMW M2 etc. That said, I'd have an RS6 in a heartbeat if I could afford the $300k+.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That said, I'd have an RS6 in a heartbeat if I could afford the $300k+.
If you live in it, do you get the first home owners grant?

Sponsored

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
Nowhere near as eye-catching as the Pony car, but each to his/her own... :cheers:

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
a mustang stuck in traffic is just as quick as a RS3 stuck in traffic lol. i like to look good while sitting at a stand still.
Sponsored