Sponsored

Mustang shopping right now (CA) need best OTD

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I owned a mustang, drove It for five whole days, It got wrecked and was declared totaled the other day officially, Car shopping Is always very stressful but luckily I have the X-Plan this time to hopefully make It a much more enjoyable experience. :ford:

I'm in rural Palm Springs, CA as It says under my "Location" to your left, but the thing about this area Is the cars are all marked up, no one buys from here they all go out of town for a better deal.

I'm looking at three dealerships.. (But I'm open to other dealerships In the area within a 2 1/2 hour drive of where I live.)

Ken Grody Ford
North County Ford
Galpin Ford

What Is the best OTD price I should expect with X-Plan and $1250.00 In Incentives on..

Base Ecoboost, Automatic, Performance pack.
Base V6, Automatic, 051A.
Base GT, Automatic.

And If anyone can referral me too any sales person you worked for In the same circumstance that'd be great too, I have to purchase my next mustang this next week for sure, I'll be car-less this next Tuesday unless the rental gets extended due to the situation. (3 weeks to find out If It's totaled Is kind of beyond me...) :rant:

EDIT: I've settled on an Ecoboost and I'm looking at 28,421 OTD on the options listed above. Is this a good deal? That's just what I've worked out with the X-Plan and $1250.00 In Incentives or should I shoot for lower?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jww92201

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'd stay away from Grody. That's the feeling you get when you go in there.
Thanks for the input, I kind of figured due to how they put on every possible optional option on their cars.

I would only be Interested in the two base v6s they have on their lot, I was driving a v6 before and it was more than enough car for me but now I have a little bit extra room to get the the EB Performance package, or Base GT.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
North County Ford had a pretty decent presence here on the forum in the California section for awhile. Not sure if they still do. They would even take dealer stock cars to the Carlsbad Cars and Coffee from time to time. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a chance.

OP
OP
Jww92201

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Luck would have It that I found a great deal and before I could jump on It the car sold... pretty hard to find an ecoboost premium with 200A, wheels upgrade, reverse sense, nav, automatic, MSRP was 33,155 and the car was discounted to 27,965 without any additional Incentives added! still alot of wiggle room like my $750 private cash offer..

I'm torn between a premium and a base performance pack.. creature comforts are nice, but leather Isn't the best where I live.

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Fly up to Seattle and buy this one (click here).... MSRP = $33,805. Sale price $30,950 minus whatever rebates you qualify for. EcoBoost Premium (200A) Coupe with automatic, 20's, navigation, etc.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
If you are hitting 30k, just get a base GT. under 30k get a ecoboost

OP
OP
Jww92201

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you are hitting 30k, just get a base GT. under 30k get a ecoboost
He's right.
I agree 110% I ran the numbers, I drive to Orange county/LA frequently so I'd rather have an automatic In anything I get. I've estimated out right under 33k with x-plan on a base GT.. However part of the reason I changed my mind to an ecoboost Is I heard the all so sweet magnaflow catback and with a $500 tune, I'd be more than happy with It.

My Insurance quotes are only a $24 difference between the ecoboost and the GT (I'm 20.)

But the major factor here Is unfortunately, I'm a part time worker attending college (Becoming a software engineer) and thus I can't have a huge monthly payment.

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford white 50 years
I agree 110% I ran the numbers, I drive to Orange county/LA frequently so I'd rather have an automatic In anything I get. I've estimated out right under 33k with x-plan on a base GT.. However part of the reason I changed my mind to an ecoboost Is I heard the all so sweet magnaflow catback and with a $500 tune, I'd be more than happy with It.

My Insurance quotes are only a $24 difference between the ecoboost and the GT (I'm 20.)
How much is gas now in Cali? Orange to LA is a haul. My gt gets about 23mpg at 80 mph. I'm sure the Eco does a lot better and if you were happy with the power of the v6 then you'll be fine with the Eco.

Sponsored

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

But the major factor here Is unfortunately, I'm a part time worker attending college (Becoming a software engineer) and thus I can't have a huge monthly payment.

Maybe now is not the right time to buy a $30k car then.

GTPONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford white 50 years
Plus you get all the goodies these new stangs have.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
The difference in power on the street between the gt and ecoboost isn't that noticeable. The low end torque of the eco really feels similar to the gt. Now if you have more room to open them up it's no contest between the two. The gt easily pulls away. I think that's the genius of the ecoboost. Big motor feel down low where it's needed most and great mpg.

OP
OP
Jww92201

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Maybe now is not the right time to buy a $30k car then.
I had a nearly 30k car, I essentially don't want to break $500 cumulatively *car payment and Insurance*

I have a large down payment obviously..
Sponsored