Sponsored

Mustang or Audi Help me out

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I have a 18 mustang gt on order (10 speed) how ever I will be driving 40 miles each way to work now in Chicago . The gas truly isn't my concern. I truly only have one and that's I take my 80 pound shepherd to the dog park weekly. Can this be done in the mustang?

The only other car I am considering is a 16 Audi S3 which is a nice little 4 door and with a tune does 0-60 same as the mustang. Just doesn't have the top end .
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I have never personally known an Audi or VW owner that hasn't had multiple issues with either the engine, transmission, build quality or combination of all 3 by 100K stock or modded.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have never personally known an Audi or VW owner that hasn't had multiple issues with either the engine, transmission, build quality or combination of all 3 by 100K stock or modded.
I know this was true of the earlier audis but not so much any more. Audi is ranked number 4 in reliability in the US . Ford isn't even in the top 10.

I love the mustang though (clearly)

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Ibown a Q5 with the 3.0 motor. Very reliable.

Answering OPs question, for an 80lb dog, a wagon or hatchback thay you can fold dow. The rear seats is your best option. Unless your dog will sit in front seat, the rear of the Mustang might not be ideal

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I think if I push the front seat all the way back would sit on floor with paws on seat.

If I push seat all the way forward he would probably go in the back and I could use a ton of blankets.... sigh I like both cars a lot if I didn't have the dog I wouldn't even consider 4 doors

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'd fold the back seats down

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I think if I push the front seat all the way back would sit on floor with paws on seat.

If I push seat all the way forward he would probably go in the back and I could use a ton of blankets.... sigh I like both cars a lot if I didn't have the dog I wouldn't even consider 4 doors

Your signature says you drive a 2105 GT so you should already know the answer I would think.

I take my german shepherd in my beater 1999 Sonoma truck. She jumps up on that car and scratches it and there's hair all on the inside but she loves a good car ride. I would think the dog would do the same stuff with a Audi vs a Mustang. I'd go with Mustang. Audi's are nice but Mustangs are just better,

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I owned 2 Audis up until now, not once did i experience any sort of unrealiability. Choosing between an Audi and a Mustang is tough, because they share so little. Think of the Audi as this (at least in my point of View): its the perfect Allrounder, its the easier car to drive, its among the ones with the highest build quality both from the inside and outside.
The Mustang on the other hand is more of a raw beast, to me its more of an occasion to drive rather than getting from A to B.
My wife currently owns the new Audi A6, an amazing car in every way, but somehow my Heart is with the Mustang.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I know this was true of the earlier audis but not so much any more. Audi is ranked number 4 in reliability in the US . Ford isn't even in the top 10.

I love the mustang though (clearly)
What do you mean by early? Every car I'm talking about is 2006-2012.
GTI: DSG issues, and engine failure by 80K, multiple coil pack failures
GTI: Sagging doors, DSG issues, multiple coil pack failures
TT: Transmission problems
A4: Engine issues, multiple coil pack failures
GTI: clutch engagement issues, engine failure before 60K

Every friend I have that has bought a VW group turbo product has sworn off of them after that car.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What do you mean by early? Every car I'm talking about is 2006-2012.
GTI: DSG issues, and engine failure by 80K, multiple coil pack failures
GTI: Sagging doors, DSG issues, multiple coil pack failures
TT: Transmission problems
A4: Engine issues, multiple coil pack failures
GTI: clutch engagement issues, engine failure before 60K
That all sounds about right.

I was considering an S4 before I bought my Focus ST. A guy I race with races his S4. It's a '14. He said get a '13 and higher. Better water pump, transmission quirks were worked out, better belts, things like that.

I had a friend's '12 GLI have coil packs fail on him at around 45K miles recently. His DGS has been rock solid though.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
dont believe quality surveys praising Audi, you will have problems galore. Any german IMO

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Even my wife wouldn't drive an A3/S3. She said they're too girly and look just like a Jetta.
I think it's the A5 or 6, I was shocked to see the tail lights look so much like a Jetta for what they cost.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's the A5 or 6, I was shocked to see the tail lights look so much like a Jetta for what they cost.

Audi is just a fancy Volkswagen Get the Mustang
Sponsored