Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to share our latest article with you regarding Mustang Long Tube vs. Shorty Headers.

Gaining every last bit of horsepower from your Mustang is crucial when competing against the competition. Allowing as much cold air efficiently into your Mustang is just as crucial as letting it exhale that air. Choosing whether you are going with long tube headers or shorty headers usually will depend on your intentions for your Mustang build.

To read the full article, check it out here: https://www.steeda.com/mustang-long-tube-vs-shorty-headers

long-tube-vs-shorty-headers-header.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just making sure you are paying attention :)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe add a section or two about equal length vs not, pulse timing effects, diameter changes to control pulse propagation speed, cross-over tubes, and most important of all, comparative dyno runs, holding all other variables constant.

Pondude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red V6
Vehicle Showcase
Some guidance on how to configure the rest of the exhaust would be really helpful.

For example, I have stock with the Roush Axle backs; I wanted to go Long Header, new Resonator and Mid-pipe into the Roush Axle backs but I can't do that without buying the Catted Shorty H-pipe. The headers + Catted H-pipe is $1,000.

Realistically, the BBK Shorty headers seem to be the best option because you can reuse the factory cats. But I still have to work out the Mid-pipe to Axle back situation.
Sponsored