Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
http://www.torquenews.com/106/2016-camaro-turbo-not-likely-challenge-mustang-ecoboost-us

Just saw this article and hadn't seen it posted up yet. From the article it sounds like the majority of Mustang sales have been the EB

The comments are of course full of ppl pissed because the EB should be compared to the V6 camaro
Kind of agree with the rants in the article the v6 Camaro is the step up engine. That being said I think Ford went the right route making the ecoboost the step up engine. The improved gas mileage will help with CAFE for ford. Also the ecoboost is showing to be a quite easy engine to tune. Will be interesting to see a tuned ecoboost vs a tuned V6 Camaro :)

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Kind of agree with the rants in the article the v6 Camaro is the step up engine. That being said I think Ford went the right route making the ecoboost the step up engine. The improved gas mileage will help with CAFE for ford. Also the ecoboost is showing to be a quite easy engine to tune. Will be interesting to see a tuned ecoboost vs a tuned V6 Camaro :)
It'll be a weight thing. The Camaro V6 gives you more HP, but less TQ, relative to the Ecoboost. If the car weighs about the same as the Mustang EB... then they'll be pretty close. More HP means the Camaro V6 would probably run a faster 1/4 mile, but more TQ means off-the-line digs on the street would go to the EB. The EB would probably remain more tune & bolt-on friendly. The Camaro V6 would have a higher mod ceiling.

That assumes the weight is close, though. That's a big variable with the '16 Camaros. Nobody knows the real weight yet. And I don't exactly trust the GM press releases on "it'll lose more than 200lbs!" That strikes me as similar to those TV commercials that say "only $19.95" then there's a little f*cking asterisk on the lower right corner that says "plus $10 handling fee."

Either way, though... it doesn't much matter. When you buy the EB, you know you're going to get roasted by a lot of cars. I think we went through that pretty comprehensively in the other threads, EcoSwag.

Love my car. Tired of defending it.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is just a bunch of whining on the part of the GM fanboys regarding the engine options on the base Camaro and Mustang.

At the end of the day, the buyer can choose whichever engine they want in their base car. Regardless of which engine option is considered a "step up" by the manufacturer, the cars should be and likely will be compared based on similar powertrain configuration which means the turbo 4 Mustang versus the turbo 4 Camaro, V6 Mustang versus V6 Camaro, etc.

You can bet that is how the blogs/magazines are going to compare them.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I think it is just a bunch of whining on the part of the GM fanboys regarding the engine options on the base Camaro and Mustang.

At the end of the day, the buyer can choose whichever engine they want in their base car. Regardless of which engine option is considered a "step up" by the manufacturer, the cars should be and likely will be compared based on similar powertrain configuration which means the turbo 4 Mustang versus the turbo 4 Camaro, V6 Mustang versus V6 Camaro, etc.

You can bet that is how the blogs/magazines are going to compare them.
I'm thinking a little different, actually. My bet is they'll all (all 4 of the motors) will get lumped into a "bargain" segment and compared across the board.

Sponsored

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It'll be a weight thing. The Camaro V6 gives you more HP, but less TQ, relative to the Ecoboost. If the car weighs about the same as the Mustang EB... then they'll be pretty close. More HP means the Camaro V6 would probably run a faster 1/4 mile, but more TQ means off-the-line digs on the street would go to the EB. The EB would probably remain more tune & bolt-on friendly. The Camaro V6 would have a higher mod ceiling.

That assumes the weight is close, though. That's a big variable with the '16 Camaros. Nobody knows the real weight yet. And I don't exactly trust the GM press releases on "it'll lose more than 200lbs!" That strikes me as similar to those TV commercials that say "only $19.95" then there's a little f*cking asterisk on the lower right corner that says "plus $10 handling fee."

Either way, though... it doesn't much matter. When you buy the EB, you know you're going to get roasted by a lot of cars. I think we went through that pretty comprehensively in the other threads, EcoSwag.

Love my car. Tired of defending it.
I always say there is always a faster fish in the pond. I will be curious to see what the potential is with the Camaro V6 with bolt on mods/ tune vs a Ecoboost stang with Tune and bolt ons. Been getting huge increases on the ecoboost with just a tune. I will be interested to see how this is with the Camaro... I agree no reason to have to defend your ecoboost. I know I am really happy with mine. I don't take it to the track so once I have my tune I can't see much use for extra power. 0 to 60 in 5sec is plenty :)

OP
OP

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
90% of the cars on the road are still not going to compete with a stock ecoboost let alone a tuned one. Not sure why you are feeling the need to put down your own car now with stuff like your signature and comments. I've never seen someone let other people get to them like that before. This is absolutely an entry level performance car and not just a lookalike. Nobody tunes a corolla but if they did it would still not compete with a tuned ecoboost in a straight line and would certainly not compete in any other performance aspect.

There is a big trade off when it comes to performance and daily drive-ability. Yes the stock V8 can go .8 of a second faster than a stock EB to 60mph but it also will get crappy gas mileage if driven the way it should be. Just because it's a mustang doesn't mean it is supposed to automatically dominate everyone on the road in stock form. Good news is the mustang is the most modifiable car out there and there are plenty of solutions if you must go faster

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
90% of the cars on the road are still not going to compete with a stock ecoboost let alone a tuned one. Not sure why you are feeling the need to put down your own car now with stuff like your signature and comments. I've never seen someone let other people get to them like that before. This is absolutely an entry level performance car and not just a lookalike. Nobody tunes a corolla but if they did it would still not compete with a tuned ecoboost in a straight line and would certainly not compete in any other performance aspect.
I'm half-joking with that. I'm annoyed by the performance relative to some cars, but also pointing out that you can't really buy anything better for the money. The fart thing is from one of my other posts ;).

OP
OP

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm half-joking with that. I'm annoyed by the performance relative to some cars, but also pointing out that you can't really buy anything better for the money. The fart thing is from one of my other posts ;).
Yea I got the fart part, but the corolla comparison is sure to be a hit among those who love to hate the EB. I guess we just had different understandings when buying the car as mentioned in the other thread.

Regarding this thread topic, I think the 2.0 Camaro will end up being overall irrelevant. The ppl who buy them won't be looking at the numbers and will probably just buy it for the looks. The V6 camaro will be a strong competitor to the Mustang EB though

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea I got the fart part, but the corolla comparison is sure to be a hit among those who love to hate the EB. I guess we just had different understandings when buying the car as mentioned in the other thread.

Regarding this thread topic, I think the 2.0 Camaro will end up being overall irrelevant. The ppl who buy them won't be looking at the numbers and will probably just buy it for the looks. The V6 camaro will be a strong competitor to the Mustang EB though
I will be interested to see how GM plans to sell the Camaro also. Ford has the Ecoboost as the volume sales car. Will be interesting to see if GM uses the 2.0 or the V6 as their volume car.

Sponsored

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I will be interested to see how GM plans to sell the Camaro also. Ford has the Ecoboost as the volume sales car. Will be interesting to see if GM uses the 2.0 or the V6 as their volume car.
And to compound that comment with the EB being volume sales. Think about in a few years where that 3.7L TT comes down from the new Ford GT into the Mustang once the gov. EPA regs push V8s out of the Mustang GTs

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
After I read the article, all I can said is REKT. lol

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Well since this is a comparison thread .. let us compare between GM and Ford .

I traded in a 2011 chevy cruzen for this Ford Mustang .

Doeas any some one here know how many cruzens were built ?
Over 6.000.000 world wide from 2010 ..

How many problems with parts has GM had in the last 4 years ?
Too many to count on all of your fingers and toes !

How has Ford been doing in this department ?

I needed my oil changed and a tyre rotation and the service advisor noticed that me cruzen had just 32.000. Miles on the OD so he asks me do you want to trade IT in after 4 years .
I responded well Yeah for a 2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost .
So I did on 4/24 / 2015 Brand Loyalty is silly !
Now coming from a GM forum to here is a learning and sharing experience for me .

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Chevy decided to go with the 2.0L T. Ford stepped up from the Focus ST level and went with the 2.3L T in the Mustang making it an upgrade from the V6 as opposed to slotting it under the V6. If Ford went with the 2.0L I suppose we would be having a completely different discussion as the 2.3L is a bit stronger. The Focus RS will have even more output than the Mustang.

I will just go on record and say that if the EB Mustang was a 2.0L it would not be in my fleet right now. Someday it may move down to 2.0L for more FE to meet CAFE requirements (the two engines are related) but I would rather it went to a 2.5L like the Mazda engine it is loosely based off of.

No, the EB Mustang does not need justification. I am having a ball with mine!

Edit: I just finished reading all the way through the article and yes, GM may have a sales advantage in some EU countries. There are some that have a tax rate that goes up over certain displacements and I believe 2.0L is one of the cutoff displacements in some countries. The Camaro may sell more 2.0L's than Mustang 2.3L's based on that cutoff alone. We shall see.

Last edited:

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
the GT makes up half of the mustang sales, v6 and eb make up 1/4 each according to a sales graph I saw month or two ago.
Sponsored