Mustang Buying Basics + COTUS Guide

gwsk10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic EcoBoost Premium
Tracking your order question: how long did it take for you guys who ordered to get a VIN number, ie how long did it take from the time you ordered the car at the dealership until you were contacted back by the dealer with a VIN number ??
Hey Boosted,

I ordered 2/23 and received my VIN today (3/1)... hope that helps :)
Sponsored

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Hey Boosted,

I ordered 2/23 and received my VIN today (3/1)... hope that helps :)

Thanks ! I should be getting delivery in 2 weeks, cant wait. Congrats on the order Magnetic is sick color

john_688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Tracking your order question: how long did it take for you guys who ordered to get a VIN number, ie how long did it take from the time you ordered the car at the dealership until you were contacted back by the dealer with a VIN number ??
Ordered - Jan. 27
VIN - Feb. 4
Window Sticker - Feb. 16
Built - Feb. 22
Advised today by Deysha that car in transit to dealership with an ETA of tomorrow.

Libertas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Vert Premium Every Option but Auto Trans
Sorry in advance for not reading all pages of all threads.

I placed my order for a 2016 on 3/31. I have the DORA. Does COTUS work at all? Or not for 2016s? (Mine does not show up). Deysha looked it up for me last week and confirmed the order was properly placed.

But - real question - is there something on the internet that I have access to that will allow me to track the order? I thought COTUS was it, but am I reading things correctly that say it does not work anymore?

Some current info would be appreciated.

Libertas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ran about a dozen 2016 Mustang VINs (from ebay) through COTUS and not a single one returned any information. I guess COTUS is dead or not for 2016.

Sponsored

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Just ran about a dozen 2016 Mustang VINs (from ebay) through COTUS and not a single one returned any information. I guess COTUS is dead or not for 2016.
You are correct. COTUS is non-functional for 2016 Mustangs. Have no fear though, FordService will take good care of you!

Last edited:

Dadsreward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
You are correct. COTUS is non-functional for 2016 Mustangs. Have no fear though, FordService will take good care of you!
COTUS does in fact work for 2016! You have to use the second link on the front page of this thread. The one with the qa in it. I am currently tracking mine on it and is in "in transit" I used the vin # for look up.
You're welcome...:thumbsup:

Libertas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
COTUS does in fact work for 2016! You have to use the second link on the front page of this thread. The one with the qa in it. I am currently tracking mine on it and is in "in transit" I used the vin # for look up.
Thanks. You are correct. wwwqa.cotus.ford.com worked for my 2016 (ordered 3/31/16)! I have a VIN, but nothing else thus far. Guess I'll check back in a few weeks and see if there is anything new.

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
When i used the second website, it returns this "Error 500: org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException"

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Thanks for the update. Glad to learn it's working again!

Sponsored

ImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.55 GT Prem Fastback
Thanks. You are correct. wwwqa.cotus.ford.com worked for my 2016 (ordered 3/31/16)! I have a VIN, but nothing else thus far. Guess I'll check back in a few weeks and see if there is anything new.
wwwqa still working on MY16; 4/13.

Hey did anyone else have to use your sales persons last name to get in? Figured it would have been in my name...

Libertas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks like they shut down the wwwqa site. Now redirects to a ford dealer login. Oh well. If anyone finds a new link or self-help way to check status, please post it here.

00spy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
wwwqa site has been down since last night. I too hope someone has another link or they get the COTUS site back up.

2016 gt vert, auto, 4014, black package, spare, 3.55, nav, guard, dark saddle
ordered 3/17/16.

ImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.55 GT Prem Fastback
FYI, wwwqa comes back online every now and then. Just checked and it's up.