Sponsored

Mustang B & O Skar-ified full speaker swap spoilers (not a waste of $)

OP
OP
9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

9KaThArSiSeeKeR1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So you didn't add any amps? Definitely doubles the budget and added complexity, but depends on what you're after. I did a complete speaker replacement and dual 12s. If you decide to go further, check out a few of the posts that explain the OEM integration and wire harness adapter that allow you to keep the head deck and use the OEM wiring.

...and you're never finished! I need to install vent ports on the rear deck to help with sub airflow into the cabin and baffles for the rear deck speakers to help with muddy sound during heavy bass. Then I'd like to replace the passenger-side trunk trim from a non-sub car. Finally, a vanity plexiglass cover for the amp rack instead of the trunk carpet for some bling.
For now no amp additions. The car still belongs to the bank. So im doing to my best to do all upgrades on a budget. Once the title is home. All bets are off. I spent 280 in speakers (11 total used 10) and i will say that it sounds as good as it should have out of the showroom. Can and will it be better of course. But for now the verdict is satisfactory.
Sponsored

1WILDHORSE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geers
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F350, 2023 Mach 1
The underside of the panel is a rigid fiberboard that already has the holes cut out. The carpet attached to the top doesn’t. The holes are 5/16” diameter so I took a 5/16 leather punch and a hammer and removed the carpeting from the holes over the speaker. There are more areas you can punch out but these were uniform over the speaker so I only removed the carpeting from those specifics holes.

Great! That seems straight forward, thank you.