Mustang 2016 front suspension - help!

Carlito

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2007 Audi TT
Hi all great forum and I’d really appreciate some advice. I have a RHD 2016 Mustang GT and not long after my last service I noticed a loud catching noise when turning on full lock. After borrowing a jack to get a closer look - and learning I didn’t have a jack! - I can see a piece of engine bay trim hanging down and fouling when I turn, hence the noise. Before I go back to the dealer can anybody shed any light? It would be great to be able to see from a non clicking car where this plastic should be sitting - can’t help thinking it’s either come loose with a fixing clip falling out, it’s somehow dropped lower than it should be or that it’s somehow fallen to the wrong side of the suspension when it was on the ramps being serviced. Anyone else ever noticed it or can help? I’m struggling to find anything online but found one pic which refers to it as a splash guard. I’ve attached a pic from the front left wheel arch, the source of the problem. Thanks.
1CC86F69-D148-4A10-9326-149EE613F081.jpeg
Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
It looks like it’s just held on by some push pins, could barely see from under the hood.
33CBDB3E-1D61-4A40-9D7A-100ED9CCB944.jpeg

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It looks like the access panel for the oil filter. There’s actually a small screw that secures it. Perhaps it was loose and fell out.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Agreed. Definitely looks like the oil filter cover. Some one didn't tighten the screw after your last service...

OP
OP

Carlito

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2007 Audi TT
That's brilliant really appreciate the help and the pic guys. I've only done a few hundred miles since the service so based on what you've said it would seem that's been the cause. Wish me luck getting the dealer to agree and putting it back on the ramp for five minutes..! Cheers
Sponsored