Mud Daubers

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Don't have pics, a little embarrassing to look at really, but I have "mud" all over my black Mustang and I was trying to figure out where it came from. I've found a couple dead mud daubers on top of my car and I think I've put everything together, it seems like they are trying to build nests on my car. The weird thing is I find balls of the mud on top of my rear fenders where there aren't necessarily any sharp edges or places I'd expect them to build a nest.

Anyone else have this issue? I looked online and apparently you can buy fake wasp nests to hang up and they usually don't build within 50-100 feet of a wasp nest. However, I have wasp nests all around our house, so I'm a little skeptical (our house is in a wooded area).
Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I get them on my boat all the time. I'm right outside of Columbia. They have never tried anything on my car though. I just hose the nests off of my boat.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
It's obvious that you are not driving your car enough! Mine moves too much for them to catch up with me.

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
It's obvious that you are not driving your car enough! Mine moves too much for them to catch up with me.
Haha, that may be the case. I'll have to keep an eye on when they drop stuff on my car. May be on the weekends when it doesn't move much. Really looks terrible when it rains after and then I have mud spots all over my car. Just to hose it off occasionally between washes I suppose, better the water spots than mud spots I think?

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I understand the weekend sit! I just started a kitchen remodel so it's the wife's Pilot to haul lighting fixtures, PVC pipe and sinks in all weekend. I cringed when I saw my rotors rusted over after sitting for the 3 day holiday weekend. But they polished up real quick.

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Not sure but spiders seem to love my car.
I've noticed that they seem to love mine too. Always find super tiny white ones around the hood and fenders in the early hours of the morning.

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Not sure but spiders seem to love my car.
I've noticed that they seem to love mine too. Always find super tiny white ones around the hood and fenders in the early hours of the morning.
Yea, I have all kinds of stuff that crawls on our cars, as long as they don't make a mess I don't really care most of the time. Of course, never know where they are that you don't see. My wife's car had a bunch of baby praying mantises running all over her tires (probably 20+) was kind of neat.

I understand the weekend sit! I just started a kitchen remodel so it's the wife's Pilot to haul lighting fixtures, PVC pipe and sinks in all weekend. I cringed when I saw my rotors rusted over after sitting for the 3 day holiday weekend. But they polished up real quick.
Yea, my car just goes to work and back for the most part. My wife's Odyssey is what we take anywhere else.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
every week i'm knocking them off my house but don't get them on the car.

OP
OP
bmatt

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436307406.783236.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436307415.547843.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436307423.712208.jpg

See if this works, the last one was a ball of mud/dirt before I drove this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT