MT82 to Auto.

Chris22888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 400a guard 50th appearance
Ok so I am not sure if my brother was a member on here but he ran A&S performance. He tragically passed away in a accident on Monday Oct the 12th he left me with two unfinished cars in his shop. First off I am not a newbie by any means I know my way around a car and I got two other full time mechaincis from another shop to lend a hand. One of the cars which he was actively working on when he left the shop to go for a drive was a 2015 s550 it was getting a new rear diff with 1300 hp axles, manual to auto swapped he had most of the things here and where I am at right now if I have finished the rear end. I have pulled the Auto, Swapped the steering wheel and the gauge cluster swapped the ABS module. Pinched of the clutch line. I have a new ECU here for the car and I also have access to Ford IDS to download the as bulit date for his car which had all the same awesome. I know I need to return the car to stock then flash the ECU to his As bulit data.

The plan on the transmission cooler was to use a external cooler and I have that. The things that I seem to be missing and he most likely had orderd from somewhere as far as I can tell is the wiring harness for the transmission, the shifter assembly and shift cable,Flex plate dust shield. The Starter as far as I can tell is the same does anyone know for sure that this is correct?

My main question is which wiring harness do I need to swap out? I belive I remember him showing me and its the one right next to the ECU that then drops down and has all the plugs for the transmission including the plug for the valve body. I really want to finish up this car as he hated leaving things unfinshed and i have awesome help right now but we are not my brother we can't do the things he could do with these cars so I need a little guidence.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Sorry for you loss. The thread above should have everything you need but I am happy to help if you need me. The engine harness has the transmission plug so you must change that one. Make sure you get the correct for your car. Coil packs changed late 2015 and performance pack cars have different oil pressure sending unit (3 wire vs 2 wire). You can get by with keeping the same power harness but you will have extra MT 82 wires and two extra o2 sensor wires you will need to tie out of the way. You also need a ford login for IDS or someone with the locksmith certification to reset PATS. Good luck with the swap.

OP
OP

Chris22888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 400a guard 50th appearance
All the hardware as been done had to use a 2016 wiring harness and swap coils. Swapped ECU to a blank ECU. Swapped cluster,shifter pedals and abs module. He had most of that there. Had to swap oil pressure sensor to one wire. The case that was uses was a 2011 f150 case so I bought the pbh bracket and the transmission was rebulit by a guy they have used alot up here for high horsepower cars. I am basically lost on the IDS part of it so what I did first was change the vin in all modules to the vin of my 2015 that he wrecked there both 2015 gt preiumum cars with 50th annivesary apperiance packge the manual car is a PP car. The only options i see that the manual car as that mine didn't was blind sport monitoring but thats whatever.

When I did it that way the vin was showing up as my 15s vin when you pulled it with forscan,ids or any obd 2 and there for the sct tune that PBD sent would not work. since its a vmpgen 2 car I couldn't even start it at this point to see if it was throwing codes etc. I also had to have the keys redone. I flashed everythign back to the manual vin and threw on the tune and it was throwing a p163e code. I went into ids and it wanted the IDN and solenoid startegy. The tag was missing so i pulled the pan and got the startegy and IDS was showing a IDN that was basically ffffffffd5d i may have the wrong number of f's but you get the idea. I entered that and it went out and got the startegy and said it was a success it downloaded the startegy from fords website I can see the fiile in the file directory. It is till the same code though. There is no ABS light or anything just the check engine light and wrench light if you ty to drive it more than 100 feet and the p163e just popping up.

So my question is what is the actual correct way to do this in IDS just completely use the vin for a auto car and let thet car show up as a different vin when you plug into it and ask PBD to change the vin on there tune? And will this even fix the p163e or is this just a valve body issue and the valve body needs changed. I just need this car done so it can drive back to the customer. He says he paid my brother there no money in the shop account no one has any idea if he was or was not paid but my brother hated to leave things unfinsihed and he had most the parts there other than coils,wiring harness and paying the transmission bulider so I came out of pocket for those thiings to try and get it done but I am just lost. My brother had done so many of these that it was second natuer to him but he didn't have anyone at the shop really helping him so no one knows hoe he was doing it. I would basically just help him locate vins when he needed one so I knew that part of it.
Sponsored

Last edited: