Sponsored

MT82 D4 w/3.73 rear gears - roll race sweet spot?

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
An A10 on E85 can pretty much hang with a hellcat in many cases. Add a CJ intake and it's even better. Not saying the mustang wins, but it can be pretty close.

A dieting mustang that weighs 3600 lbs vs a 4400lb hellcat definitely increases the mustang's odds of a favorable outcome. Like ~5mph difference through the traps as a comparison.

And then there's the wheel spin you mention and, of course, gearing.

These races can be closer than a person might otherwise think if theyre just looking at dyno numbers. The HC still has a huge advantage, of course, due to HP. But sometimes these races are closer than a guy might think

The M6 Is a limiting factor.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
An A10 on E85 can pretty much hang with a hellcat in many cases. Add a CJ intake and it's even better. Not saying the mustang wins, but it can be pretty close.

A dieting mustang that weighs 3600 lbs vs a 4400lb hellcat definitely increases the mustang's odds of a favorable outcome. Like ~5mph difference through the traps as a comparison.

And then there's the wheel spin you mention and, of course, gearing.

These races can be closer than a person might otherwise think if theyre just looking at dyno numbers. The HC still has a huge advantage, of course, due to HP. But sometimes these races are closer than a guy might think

The M6 Is a limiting factor.
Yes my car as it sits is about 3750lbs and at 170 I’m a lot lighter than my buddy in the challenger lol. Probably a 8-900lb weight difference between the two. Now I’m thinking I still might get him once he gets new tires haha