Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
  • Banned
Hey guys, just joined the broken mt82 club. Lasted a strong 35k miles with plenty of drag passes and no lift shifts. Currently, I’m about 100 miles from home and I feel like I’m able to make it home without needing forth. However, I just wanted to get your opinions on how “safe” that is. Obviously, hurting the trans anymore doesn’t really matter to me but I just wanted to make sure things couldn’t get much worse.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Unless your drive home takes you through particularly dangerous/remote roads with no cell service, might as well try it. The farther you get, the cheaper the tow.

I know, easy for me to say. :D

Looks like you posted this yesterday evening. How did you make out?

OP
OP

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
  • Banned
Unless your drive home takes you through particularly dangerous/remote roads with no cell service, might as well try it. The farther you get, the cheaper the tow.

I know, easy for me to say. :D

Looks like you posted this yesterday evening. How did you make out?
No problems outside of a whole lot of transmission grinding while in neutral and some rev hanging between shifts. Not sure what's going inside the transmission but I bet Ben Calimer is going to see a whole lot of damage to these gears, lol.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
No problems outside of a whole lot of transmission grinding while in neutral and some rev hanging between shifts. Not sure what's going inside the transmission but I bet Ben Calimer is going to see a whole lot of damage to these gears, lol.
Great... glad to hear that you made it home ok.
Keep us posted on your repairs!
Sponsored