Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, just got my 19x10 MRR M350 rims with Michelin PSS in 295-35. Put them on my 2018 PP1 GT. I long hated the "small" tire up front on the PP1...not a huge personal preference for black wheels either.

So, the first impression was the huge difference in weight! My new wheel, which is a square set up, is only 52lbs. each. The OE PP1 rear wheel is 65lbs, and the fronts are 62lbs each. New set of 4 wheels is 208lbs. Old set is 254lbs (without center caps too, but...). That's a 46lbs savings overall, WITH the added benefit of much more rubber...especially up front. Also, with the smaller diameter in rear, better mechanical torque. I think the fronts are very similar in diameter to OE, but may be a tick shorter...better braking by a lot wit the additional rubber!

The look is subjective, of course, so no comment. Pix speak for themselves. BTW...get lower profile lugs!! The standard 13/16" socket will have a hard time getting in the lug recess on the M350 wheel. Need4Speed sent me lower profile lugs (in black) that use a 3/4" socket...works very well on the wheel. Ain't afraid to use a drill/driver now.

The new wheels set perfectly up front, IMO, but I would not recommend any tire wider than 295 as it barely clears the strut on the inside. Of note, these are the exact same tire on the GT350 up front. I know that car has a different knuckle, hub and strut, so not the best comparison for fitment, but certainly if you painfully scrutinize tire specs like I do. I also love how the tire mounted to the rim...just right amount of sidewall camber. Not too much like the Shelby, doesn't look like it's 3 sized too big...just right.

The rear tire has no clearance issues at all, but does pop out a bit past the fender. I am not a fan of that look, but I can live with it. Very much the same spacing as the GT350R.

The test drive did not reveal any rubbing at full lock. I think this set up will add a lot more performance. I hope the additional grip doesn't over power the spring set up...I do not plan on changing the OE springs.
IMG_2198.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2197.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Okay, just got my 19x10 MRR M350 rims with Michelin PSS in 295-35. Put them on my 2018 PP1 GT. I long hated the "small" tire up front on the PP1...not a huge personal preference for black wheels either.

So, the first impression was the huge difference in weight! My new wheel, which is a square set up, is only 53lbs. each. The OE PP1 rear wheel is 65lbs, and the fronts are 62lbs each. New set of 4 wheels is 212lbs. Old set is 254lbs (without center caps too, but...). That's a 42lbs savings overall, WITH the added benefit of much more rubber...especially up front. Also, with the smaller diameter in rear, better mechanical torque. I think the fronts are very similar in diameter to OE, but may be a tick shorter...better braking by a lot wit the additional rubber!

The look is subjective, of course, so no comment. Pix speak for themselves if I could get them loaded up, but alas, I am incompetent and cannot shrink them down enough (any tips and I'm happy to get them uploaded).

The new wheels set perfectly up front, IMO, but I would not recommend any tire wider than 295 as it barely clears the strut on the inside. Of note, these are the exact same tire on the GT350 up front. I know that car has a different knuckle, hub and strut, so...

The rear tire has no clearance issues at all, but does pop out a bit past the fender. I am not a fan of that look, but I can live with it.

The test drive did not reveal any rubbing at full lock. I think this set up will add a lot more performance. I hope the additional grip doesn't over power the spring set up...I do not plan on changing the OE springs.

Awesome !!! hope you enjoy the wheels

Sponsored

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Ahh yes, I see he went square.. Still wondering what offset he has to why there is a good bit of poke on the rear..

OP
OP
Dinosoar

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
40et thats the only off set we ever offered
Correct, I have 19x10 on all corners (want to rotate tires). Correct also on the 40mm back spacing. Perfect for front, not so much for me in back, IMO. BUT, the Shelbys looks no different nor does PP2 set up...so I can live with it if it otherwise looks "factory" There's no rubbing. I would NOT put any bigger tire up front with these wheels. The tire in the back is veeeeeerry close to the strut tube.

OP
OP
Dinosoar

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Took a close look this weekend at the inner clearance. The front tires could not come any closer. The little "hair like" fingers used for the injection mold skim right across the strut tube. The rim protector ridge is clear of the strut...no change in front and rear with that ridge, which means there's no rubbing at all. That said, I think another tire manufacturer would have more clearance, but dunno if a 305 would work. The PSS are max'd out at 295 for these wheels. Spacers are another discussion, of course.

Finally, while 295/35s are a virtual diameter equivalent for the OE front tires (from PP1), the rears drop and alter the speedo about 3% per GPS testing. Indicated speed (and mileage dammit) is higher than true speed.

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Took a close look this weekend at the inner clearance. The front tires could not come any closer. The little "hair like" fingers used for the injection mold skim right across the strut tube. The rim protector ridge is clear of the strut...no change in front and rear with that ridge, which means there's no rubbing at all. That said, I think another tire manufacturer would have more clearance, but dunno if a 305 would work. The PSS are max'd out at 295 for these wheels. Spacers are another discussion, of course. Finally, while 295/35s are a virtual diameter equivalent for the OE front tires (from PP1), the rears drop and alter the speedo about 3% per GPS testing. Indicated speed (and mileage dammit) is higher than true speed.
The MPSS seem to run a little narrow in the tread, seems like alot more stretch than I would expect from a 295 on a 10" rim. I know my 285 NT555G2 have less stretch on a 10" SVE R350. I think I could run a 305 MPSS square on the 10" +35mm SVE R350 rims and have a flat contact patch.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
The MPSS seem to run a little narrow in the tread, seems like alot more stretch than I would expect from a 295 on a 10" rim. I know my 285 NT555G2 have less stretch on a 10" SVE R350. I think I could run a 305 MPSS square on the 10" +35mm SVE R350 rims and have a flat contact patch.
I just went from NT555G2 285's on 10 inch 19 rims to MPSS 295's. Seem to have more tramlining. So are you saying the MPSS tires are too narrow for 10 inch rims. I'm trying to figure if it's sidewall stability or alignment causing it.
Sponsored