MRR FS06 wheels in colors?

Jbud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 gr
Does anyone have any of these that arent black or Grey? Thinking about changing the color of mine (black). My car is Ignot Silver.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jbud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 gr
Carlos, with the flow forged is there any concern powder coating? Or just as normal.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Carlos, with the flow forged is there any concern powder coating? Or just as normal.
absolutely not, in fact our flowforged wheels are completely custom built for our clients. we are one of the few to offer a custom built flow forged wheel from the start. example. FS line up are in stock as a raw aluminum design. no paint, no holes nothing

step 1 : we take your wheels to our CNC techs to produce your PCD / off sets and center bores
Step 2 : wheels are check to make sure all specs where completed to proper requirements
Step 3: wheels are taken to our prepping department where the wheels are prepped for powder or if its a custom polish or Brush then is also handled in our prepped department.
step 4: after prep the wheels are taken into our cleaning area where the wheels are submerged into a number of ultra sonic cleaners that are to remove any dirt left behind like oils etc.
Step 5 Powder coating / here is where we add the final colors, tints / clear coat /
step 6 qc the wheels and buff any residue off the wheels final glaze added and off to our shipping department/

all this is done in our Los Angeles facility, we dont sublet any of the work and since we handle each department our selfs it allows us to control the final product and complete a full order in just 5 business days.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
So I take it that powder coating / painting originally from the wheel company is proper, but it is those customers who decide to powder coat another color over the existing color that was already prepped from the wheel company, that starts to add risk of weakening the wheel due to being heated again?

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So I take it that powder coating / painting originally from the wheel company is proper, but it is those customers who decide to powder coat another color over the existing color that was already prepped from the wheel company, that starts to add risk of weakening the wheel due to being heated again?
Shouldn’t need to worry. The wheels most likely aren’t even powder coated. If you ask a vendor whether a custom color set of wheels is powder coated or wet sprayed, you’ll never get the same answer twice so I’m betting they wet paint them.

DarrenMRRWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
I read this post and responses a couple times... kind of confused.... SO.
The FS06 is a flowform wheel. It begins in raw form. We ONLY powder coat the FS series wheels. We do the powder inhouse.
"If you ask a vendor whether a custom color set of wheels is powder coated or wet sprayed, you’ll never get the same answer twice so I’m betting they wet paint them."
FS series. Powder ONLY
Other MRR styles - painted at one of our factories.
We do not put more powder over wheels already finished and cured...
IMG_2585.jpg
View attachment 342854

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP

Jbud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 gr
My question was is it safe to have mine coated locally to change the color from black to bronze or maybe candy red.. or should they go back to you for coating? I'm guessing since you powder coat them the heat wont be an issue repowdering them?

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My question was is it safe to have mine coated locally to change the color from black to bronze or maybe candy red.. or should they go back to you for coating? I'm guessing since you powder coat them the heat wont be an issue repowdering them?
Yes youll be fine as long as your powder guy or painter is not over heating the wheels.
Sponsored