Sponsored

MP Concepts Gloss Black Blank Decklid...even a 50th Anniversary Faux Gas Cap Emblem.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Just got my panel in today and just installed it. Love it! Perfect fit and everything. I am very impressed. Can't figure out how to post pictures unfortunately though

Figure it out. No pics means it didn't happen.
Sponsored

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Figure it out. No pics means it didn't happen.
I'm trying. Figured this site would have Tapatalk, however I guess they don't. That's the only way I usually uploaded pictures on forums. Lol

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just got my panel in today and just installed it. Love it! Perfect fit and everything. I am very impressed. Can't figure out how to post pictures unfortunately though
great news! so does the back actually mimic the oem piece? does it slide into the trunk panel at the middle/bottom of the trunk lid like the oem piece? this is what I dont like about the MMD piece, when I pop the trunk I use the middle part of the panel to lift the trunk, the MMD piece flexes bad

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
great news! so does the back actually mimic the oem piece? does it slide into the trunk panel at the middle/bottom of the trunk lid like the oem piece? this is what I dont like about the MMD piece, when I pop the trunk I use the middle part of the panel to lift the trunk, the MMD piece flexes bad
Yes, this is a direct replacement of the OEM panel. Not a cover like I have seen on American muscle before. You transfer all clips from the OEM panel onto this new piece and it mounts exactly the same as OEM. Looks exactly like OEM as well, just 100% badgeless.

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
nice! might drive up to AM tomorrow and pick one of these up, I hate my MMD panel, it fits nice but has two dimples on either side from tighening it down, which doesnt matter how much care you take, it just happens, not to mention how much it flexes because it doesnt attach to anything in the middle of the panel

Sponsored

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Helping a brother out :)

(Added an Automator service extension to resize to 1880px for this board too :D)
Looks amazing, and no gap like my MMD panel near the backup camera! Have you noticed any issues, color matching, the dimples from screws or any fitment issues? Ready to order now. Thanks

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Looks amazing, and no gap like my MMD panel near the backup camera! Have you noticed any issues, color matching, the dimples from screws or any fitment issues? Ready to order now. Thanks
none of those issues at all. it literally looks like OEM, just without the badge. i am very satisfied with it.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
IMO paint matched decklids don't look good anyways. The car needs the break in color, plus the taillight pieces are black.
Good point. Didn't think of that. :cheers:

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
nice! might drive up to AM tomorrow and pick one of these up, I hate my MMD panel, it fits nice but has two dimples on either side from tighening it down, which doesnt matter how much care you take, it just happens, not to mention how much it flexes because it doesnt attach to anything in the middle of the panel
I have the same issue with mine. I took care to install it and those two fucking dimples showed up at some point after install. :frusty:

I'm so pissed I paid $200+ for the painted panel and I'm afraid to even touch the thing that it's going to shatter. It does match up well with the factory tailight bezels and the paint is fine though.

I don't know if it bothers me enough yet to shell out for what appears to look like a superior option.
Sponsored