Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Intake details:

Okay guys and gals, I received my intake today and didn't do anything else until after I had gotten it installed, lol. First, I must say that this intake is just as beautiful in person as it is in the pictures that Adam posted. This intake pipe just screams quality. From the one-piece design to the metal sensor bungs, MAP did everything correctly to make sure this intake is on point.

I actually almost bought the FFTec intake the day I saw this intake pre-sale posted and I'm so glad that I held off those few extra hours. I was stuck in my decision between the FFTec and MMR. Now, I'll say that both of those intakes appear to be nice intakes, but both of them had compromises that came with them (to me).

Here's what I wanted in a CAI for my EBM: one-piece intake, fender mounted (instead of engine mounted), filter placement in the inner fender where it'd get a larger volume of cooler air, great quality and construction, and to be able to install it from the engine bay (vs. removing the wheel and inner fender). The MAP intake checked every box, and when I saw it, I immediately ordered it because it was a no-brainer at that point. Not only did the aforementioned impress me, but the data and information that Adam provided on their testing and results really showed the care and attention to detail that they place into their products.

Also, I forgot to mention this above, this intake has an awesome sound. You can hear the turbo spool and the BPV venting into the intake tract very, very clearly. It's not annoying by any means, but you'll know it's not stock. :headbang:

Customer Service details:

If you think that the quality and attention to detail in MAP's products are stellar, then the customer service will really blow you away. They go out of their way to be helpful. Every single time I contacted Adam, whether it be through Facebook, email, etc., he always replied super quick. I don't take things like that lightly because I'm sure he's a busy man and to put forth that kind of effort really speaks volumes about MAP's customer service. He always did everything that he said he'd do when he said he'd do it. He was very honest and transparent about anything I wanted to know and always gave in-depth replies...not like these little one liners that's meant to just try to answer you and get you out of the queue. To sum up everything I've just said, they've really impressed me time and time again.

Installation details:

I don't intend this to be a how-to, but rather just some general pointers from my install. First, if you have some electric power tools (like in their video), use them. It wasn't hard without them, but with them, it'd have been a 10 minute job. Second, the IAT sensor hole is a snug fit, so make sure it's pressed all of the way in. I'd highly suggest installing it before placing the intake in the engine bay to ensure that it's in there good, then when you install the intake, just take care to make sure you don't bump or bang it on anything. Otherwise, this install is really straightforward and easy to do in 15-20 minutes. I'll link their install video below at the bottom of this post.

Additional details:

I'll be doing some testing of my own soon with the stock airbox vs. this CAI. It's been rainy and nasty today and snow is being forecasted for the remainder of the week, so I'll try to update this thread over the coming weeks to show some independent testing. I plan to compare results for each at idle, 60 mph (steady), 0-60 WOT, and extended driving (40-60 miles).

Pictures:

Just a glamour shot:

BPV hose port:

Vacuum hose port:

Turbo inlet pipe adapter:

IAT sensor bung:

Installation video:

[ame]

Purchase link:

MA Performance CAI
Sponsored

Last edited:

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I agree on the sound. Big improvement with the open design. Its a shame Ford tried to hide it.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Can't wait for mine to arrive. I miss hearing the turbo.

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
Looks like I've got some research to do.... this could be the one. thanks for posting the review.

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
Looks real good!

DeepImpact15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
I think I'm in for this intake. Its refreshing to see something that looks fabricated not produced. If that makes sense.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I think I'm in for this intake. Its refreshing to see something that looks fabricated not produced. If that makes sense.
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how this would look with powder coating or something to change the color. I was watching a video with an Evo X that had a light orange MAP intake. It looked amazing and still had the raw appearance.

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
That actually makes perfect sense. This intake really looks more like a custom one-off piece.

Awesome review, it looks great!
Thank you!

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how this would look with powder coating or something to change the color. I was watching a video with an Evo X that had a light orange MAP intake. It looked amazing and still had the raw appearance.
I've been thinking about painting mine Wrinkle Black. I have a new can of it, but I'm going to wait a little while. When/if I do decide to paint it, I'll make sure to post some pics up of it.

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
We offer Wrinkle Black powdercoating as an option, and we also offer custom powdercoating for an extra $10.00 to the wrinkle black price!

Thank you for posting the review, it was really in-depth and I appreciate the kind words about my service!

Also, your package is on the way, and you will have a tune file in your email by the end of the week!

Cheers,
Adam Brunson

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
We offer Wrinkle Black powdercoating as an option, and we also offer custom powdercoating for an extra $10.00 to the wrinkle black price!

Thank you for posting the review, it was really in-depth and I appreciate the kind words about my service!

Also, your package is on the way, and you will have a tune file in your email by the end of the week!

Cheers,
Adam Brunson
Your welcome. Whenever a company/person goes the extra mile, others need to know that. I'd sure want to know so I could deal with those people.

In regards to the tune, now you have me extra excited! I can't wait to get it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Please excuse my lack of knowledge; but in watching the JLT intake video install. They capped of the recirculation hose connection in order to get the turbo to blow off into the atmosphere. Is this possible with the MAP intake, or would this just cause problem? It seems as if the price difference is just the purchase of a BOV. Someone educate me on this.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
You can cap off the recirculation port on any of the intakes if you want. It won't hurt to let the stock BPV vent to atmosphere.

OP
OP
Juben

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Please excuse my lack of knowledge; but in watching the JLT intake video install. They capped of the recirculation hose connection in order to get the turbo to blow off into the atmosphere. Is this possible with the MAP intake, or would this just cause problem? It seems as if the price difference is just the purchase of a BOV. Someone educate me on this.
The JLT doesn't come with a BOV and neither does the MAP. The JLT just includes a cap because we can vent the factory BPV to the atmosphere. You could do exactly the same with the MAP without ill effects as long as you sourced a little cap to install on the port and block it off.

I saw somewhere a while back that someone said you could get those little furniture leg caps from Lowes and even put one of those on the factory intake tube if you just want to VTA and have that blow off valve sound.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sponsored