Sponsored

MOCGB ?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone a member and has it been worthwhile for you ?

Im on the forum which seems quite slow moving and it advertises membership for £21.50, but the sign up page is £25 ?

Is the fee worth it for the magazines alone or are there other hidden benefits ?

Cheers,

WD :like:
Sponsored

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
The difference in price is that you can have full fat membership (£25 Price has recently gone up from £21.50) and get the magazine posted to you each month, or you can have a online membership (£15) and just read the magazine on line.

Yeah I am a member, personally the magazine is worth it, but in my area (Bedfordshire) we have just setup a new group and monthly meet, and it gets more popular every time, its a great crowd of people and the meets and cruises out are really worthwhile.

There are discounts available for parts etc from various places, and discounts available on tickets for major meets as well as other events.

So there are quite a few other benefits not just the magazine.

Had some guys who run a you tube channel come down from Manchester this month and film us, at our regional meet.

Results are quite funny I think.

Ignore the title, they are well known for taking the mickey out of everything and especially themselves.

But at the end of the day they were actually very impressed with the car they borrowed, and might even be looking at getting a Mustang to add to their stable.

Last edited:

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
I'm a member too, joined when I picked up my 2017 GT. The magazine is good and for the fractional cost of a full tank of petrol, annual membership seems worthwhile.

There are local monthly meets including my area (Surrey) although the Surrey ones (and I assume other areas) have been suspended whilst the COVID-19 shenanigans are still ongoing.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks both - I signed up about an hour ago :like:

WD :like:

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
I'm a member too, joined when I picked up my 2017 GT. The magazine is good and for the fractional cost of a full tank of petrol, annual membership seems worthwhile.

There are local monthly meets including my area (Surrey) although the Surrey ones (and I assume other areas) have been suspended whilst the COVID-19 shenanigans are still ongoing.

Depends on the venue where the meets are held.

We hold ours at a fully covid secure and compliant venue, the meets are ticket only and paid for in advance (no entry on the day), so track and trace is complied with.

The venue supplies food and drink as part of the ticket price, so it's a great place to meet, eat, show off cars, and have a chat, all fully socially distanced.

We usually go for a nice cruise through the countryside afterwards.

So our meets continue unabated.

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Paid member here. Haven't yet got to one of the monthly meets as my Mustang was off the road for winter, and then the big 'rona turned up and ruined everything. D'oh! Otherwise, would say that the magazine is worth it. Lots of nice features in there (I'm particularly tempted to commission some art from Clive Botha featured in the latest issue!)
Sponsored