Sponsored

MMR releases its "BIG TUBE" Cold Air Intake system for 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Charge Pipes Status?

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
What's wrong with the MAP ones?
Nothing with the pipes themselves, they are great quality. The issue is the cold side doesn't fit with the MMR intercooler because the piping on the MMR intercooler is a lot longer than other intercoolers. I could cut a few inches off and be fine, but I'd rather just buy a cold side from MMR for the right price then tear the front off the car :) ... it's called being lazy lol.

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
Also got my intake installed yesterday. I should have taken the wheel off it was a colossal pain reaching in with the wheel turned. Everything else went smoothly I just have on problem now, in 5th and 6th if I dip off throttle even a little bit, I can hear the DV open, and it won't stop venting even after o get back on the gas. Not sure if the recirc line isnt pushed down right enough or what, no leaks anywhere else.
I realize MMR already answered this question, but if you want more details about Ford using the BPV to help regulate boost, read through this thread, http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18532

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Nothing with the pipes themselves, they are great quality. The issue is the cold side doesn't fit with the MMR intercooler because the piping on the MMR intercooler is a lot longer than other intercoolers. I could cut a few inches off and be fine, but I'd rather just buy a cold side from MMR for the right price then tear the front off the car :) ... it's called being lazy lol.
Oh ok that seems like something they should have thought of when engineering the IC or they should have at least offered hard pipes by now. Makes me think they must be reusing an intercooler design

Sponsored

Jq42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
Just bought my MMR CAI and wanted to see if it has shipped yet. Also, just checking if anyone had their check engine light come on after install?

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang premium ecoboost performance package
No check engine light on after install. Make sure you move your horns out of the way of the filter, they provide directions on how to do it. Have fun with your new intake.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Just bought my MMR CAI and wanted to see if it has shipped yet. Also, just checking if anyone had their check engine light come on after install?
The MMR kit is GUARANTEED NOT TO TRIGGER A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
You can send a email or contact us with your name so that we can look it up. Thank you for your order!