pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Greetings...

I'm sure some of you would have purchased the coolant recovery tank from Mishimoto. I have one and am on the fence about installing it. I've read comments regarding their less than stellar customer service as well as issues with the tank leaking from the glass site tube as well as the site tube breaking and the stock cap not fitting the Mishimoto. I am looking for your opinions on this product. I really don't want to keep the stock plastic bottle.

Also if anyone has a plan or device that could mount over the site tube to prevent accidental breakage, that would be great

Thank you,
Sponsored

Murdered5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage3 Mustang
I have the expansion tank installed. I have not had an issue with the site tube but the factory cap will only go on a couple of threads before it stops. I have reached out to Mishimoto to ask what to do about the cap and have not received a response, that was several weeks ago.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Did you email, or call them? Sometimes a phone call is necessary to get results.

I have read many comments about the Mishimoto cap not fitting properly. I was considering buying their coolant tank, but I decided get a different brand. I don't want to spend ~$200 on a half baked product.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not a single problem with mine.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
No problems with mine .

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The factory cap was a little tough on mine. I actually had to get a pair of pliers around it. Once I did that once, it screws on and off with no issues. That initial screw of the cap on it though was a pain. No other issues otherwise.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine leaks a little. Got the replacement tube just not installed. It looks good.
Sponsored