Mirror Pony Light

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I tried a quick search and nothing popped up on this issue here, so I guess I will post. So last Saturday night, I went out to eat and during that time we had a quick local storm. There was a bit of wind but as I just got back from a 3500 mile road trip with zero issues, I wasn't concerned. Come out to my car and the driver's side pony light is just dangling like a dingle berry. I was a bit annoyed but made an appointment online then, to have it fixed for this morning. Woke up early, drove 14 miles to the dealership, waited 45 minutes (should not have taken 5 minutes) only for the dealer to say they didn't have the part because they assumed the 2014 one would fit and it didn't...WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K?...I wasn't particularly concerned about the broken light (just a little embarrassing a manufacturer known to have defects, has one on a brand new car) but I was quite pissed to find out I'd have to wait for them to order one when I already waited close to a week for the appointment. It's a very simple fix just looking at it and honestly I can't comprehend the level of incompetence for this. The dealership was Gary Smith Ford in ft Walton for those wanting to know. :headbonk:
Sponsored

La Geno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ROUSH STAGE 3 and 2015 GT VERT ON ORDER
Hanging pony light !

Me to brand new car 800 miles
Came out to find puddle light hanging
Strange ,,,,
Going dealer tomorrow
Bummer

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
So dealer scheduled me another appointment obviously since the first time they didn't have the part. Came in and yet again didn't have it. Waste of gas and mileage. This time I was mad and they could tell. "How did no one figure this out before I came here once again", they tried to say it wasn't their fault it was Ford because they had one on order and apparently Ford failed to deliver and now it was on back order. I get that some things are out of our control but take some damn responsibility here, these guys are a bunch of spineless morons. Driving around my brand new 5.0 with a piece of tape holding in a simple mirror light is kind of embarrassing. I really hope this gets fixed soon. Might just use a little hot glue to keep it in.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Strange ,,,,
Going dealer tomorrow
Bummer
Pretty sure wind broke mine. If the wind is strong enough coming from the back side, it'll break. Lmk what happens with you. My dealer seems to have the most incompetent dealership staff known to man.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
So it's been 3 weeks since this happened. No light still and no further contact when I should expect one. Kinda getting annoying.

Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
My car has been parked in the garage for over a week after washing it. I just walked by my car and noticed my passenger pony projector hanging by the wire. I checked the driver side and its just about to fall out as well. My car has about 1600 miles on it, and I never slam my doors. It looks like the tabs that clip in the light just break right off. This is definitely a design flaw, and I fear that just replacing the projector will end with the same result.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Strange ,,,,
Going dealer tomorrow
Bummer
Has this been resolved, La Geno? Let me know how your dealer visit went; I should have all your necessary info to get this escalated, if the issue still exists. :thumbsup:

So it's been 3 weeks since this happened. No light still and no further contact when I should expect one. Kinda getting annoying.
My car has been parked in the garage for over a week after washing it. I just walked by my car and noticed my passenger pony projector hanging by the wire. I checked the driver side and its just about to fall out as well. My car has about 1600 miles on it, and I never slam my doors. It looks like the tabs that clip in the light just break right off. This is definitely a design flaw, and I fear that just replacing the projector will end with the same result.
Hey VTECSAUCE and SVTDSM,

I want to help brighten your days! Send over a PM with your VIN, full name, phone number, dealer info (SVTDSM), and mileage (VTECSAUCE). I'll get this up to a regional customer service manager to further assist with the repair. :D

Jeff

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Well I got a phone call this morning from Ford Motor Company. Woman was very nice on the phone. She gave me some rather startling information though. Apparently the dealership got the part in. She said to expect a phone call to get an appointment today. Not a peep. Nothing from the dealer at all even though they said they'd call when they knew anything about it. Idk if this is just normal from dealerships in general or what as I have never had a new car before. This dealership seems to be completely unorganized in general and I have sent them an email once already about it. Their response to it was to pull me aside and talk to me and essentially take no blame or responsibility themselves. Completely unprofessional imho. But again, maybe this is just how dealerships are. I have no idea. I do all my own maintenance and never bought from one before. Just annoying that I've gone through a roll of tape already trying to keep this light from dangling like a dingleberry. Oh well, hopefully they call tomorrow.

Black one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V6, Ruby red conv,pkg 051
Daddy, what's a dingleberry?
Is it produce from aisle one, or are they in the frozen section?

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Daddy, what's a dingleberry?
Is it produce from aisle one, or are they in the frozen section?
Lol. Seriously though its embarrassing. I can only imagine the BMW drivers seeing it and thinking "typical Ford". :frusty:

Sponsored
OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Still haven't had this fixed...got a call last week from the CSM a week ago telling me they got the part at Gary Smith Ford and to expect a call from them. Never got the call, but I did get the chance to call them today and they said they had it and scheduled an appointment for Friday. Not 1 hour later they called back saying they got the wrong part yet again (blinker light instead of the pony light smfh)...another 2 hours after that another person from Gary Smith Ford called to confirm my original appointment. I asked if they knew I had received another call just 2 hours prior and apparently they did not. Don't they have computers that record this stuff? I've been getting jerked around for over a month now and it still continues. This is absolutely ridiculous, its what, a $10 part and 60 seconds of work? For the record I know FoMoCo is not to blame directly, just mind boggling how this dealership gets any business. I used a tiny dab of super glue to keep the light in as I went through a roll of tape from dding the car and the tape constantly falling off. I could easily drive an hour and a half away to get it fixed but at this point I am intrigued by this dealerships disorganization and terrible customer service. I have advised everyone I know to avoid that place like the plague. Well see how much worse it gets lol. For now the super glue has held it in like a champ for a week so I am not very concerned about it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Using some kind of adhesive (super glue probably not the best actually) is the best fix. As someone said, a new part might just break the tabs off down the road and fail again.

I wonder if there are a batch of bad parts, or it's possible the failure is caused by a production issue - ie, it was broken when put together into the mirror housing at the factory due to bad installation technique.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Using some kind of adhesive (super glue probably not the best actually) is the best fix. As someone said, a new part might just break the tabs off down the road and fail again.

I wonder if there are a batch of bad parts, or it's possible the failure is caused by a production issue - ie, it was broken when put together into the mirror housing at the factory due to bad installation technique.
I figured it wasn't the best but better than tape and I used a very small amount of it. Its in a place no one will ever look.

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
yea mine broke also, took it in. Now just waiting on the part to come in.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So can anyone tell what is actually breaking for this little projector to just fall out of the bottom of the mirror housing? Are there some tabs on it that have broke off or ???.
Sponsored