krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
What's a typical cost to do a car?
I've seen them ranging anywhere from 600 - 1800 depending on the type of package. On average, expect to pay atleast 1k for a 3 or 5 year warranty coating
Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Hello Everyone,
I’m new to the forum and live in SE Michigan. Just got my first Mustang and love it!!!
2760A624-652A-446A-BFF7-44E8CA8C7C86.jpeg
33CF5241-CCC1-4467-87B8-2EC917A3872B.jpeg
4703FA55-9303-487D-99A5-BA9D5C63A539.jpeg
7F057B03-AFDE-4884-BD30-B7999D687473.jpeg
Congrats and welcome. Wow, car looks amazing and sharp! btw, what front grille is that? I'm seeing it for the first time

clebrun11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Premium GT
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and welcome. Wow, car looks amazing and sharp! btw, what front grille is that? I'm seeing it for the first time
It is a RaceMesh grille. It is Stainless Steel with a Gothic Style Weave and Gloss Black frames.

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Does anyone here with an MGW shifter on a MT-82 wanna let me row through the gears with the car off for some gas money?

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone here with an MGW shifter on a MT-82 wanna let me row through the gears with the car off for some gas money?
I'm currently down in Florida otherwise i'd let you drive my car. I have a MGW X-Spec

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm currently down in Florida otherwise i'd let you drive my car. I have a MGW X-Spec
I’m stuck between getting the race spec or x spec with the standard handle.

Seems like everyone suggests x spec, I haven’t really seen anyone preferring the regular race spec and I wonder why.

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
I’m stuck between getting the race spec or x spec with the standard handle.

Seems like everyone suggests x spec, I haven’t really seen anyone preferring the regular race spec and I wonder why.
I guess a regular race spec wouldn't make much of difference in throw reduction. I got the X-Spec with standard handle and i felt it was a little short, i swapped to a flatstick handle and it not only looks great but feels amazing !
20200725_184305.jpg

Blong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blong
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hello, just signed up on this forum. It's been a great resource for information. Just got my 2020 GT350 this week. I was hoping to get some tips and suggestions:

1) For those driving it in the winter, what's your tire setup? It's not my DD but I would like to take it out on cold dry days. Especially now to start the break in period.

2) The dealer did not install the chin spoiler and reading the threads about dealers installing it wrong has made me cautious about asking them to do it. I don't have a lift and tools to do it myself. Any suggestions for shops in the metro Detroit area that might be able to install it for me, properly?

Thanks all!

Sponsored

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hello, just signed up on this forum. It's been a great resource for information. Just got my 2020 GT350 this week. I was hoping to get some tips and suggestions:

1) For those driving it in the winter, what's your tire setup? It's not my DD but I would like to take it out on cold dry days. Especially now to start the break in period.

2) The dealer did not install the chin spoiler and reading the threads about dealers installing it wrong has made me cautious about asking them to do it. I don't have a lift and tools to do it myself. Any suggestions for shops in the metro Detroit area that might be able to install it for me, properly?

Thanks all!
When I got mine I was going to daily it in the winter and ordered winter wheels and I got a set of 4 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 performance winter tires. Then Americanmuscle sent me the wrong color wheels twice so I ended up returning the tires and bought a Honda for the winter.

They're great winter tires based on reviews, but for just the occasional drive perhaps the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ would better suit your needs since they're a great all season tire and useable year round. I currently have these on my car and they're pretty good in all temps I drive in but I haven't gone out below 30-40 degrees. The performance winter doesn't belong on roads above 40 degrees or they'll wear out quick.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)

Thanks all!
1) If you're going to drive in winter, high performance all season tire is the way to go. I'd recommend Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ (or AS4 ..which is the newer version) or Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate. I've used both these tires in the winter and they were great.

2) I'd recommend a guy called Kevin Reini, he has a shop in Hamtramck. There's a Facebook Mustang group "Michigan S550 Mustang Club" on which you can find him. There's also another person Jessica Livernois at Jack Demmer Lincoln who is often recommended for dealership work.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
@Blong Congrats on the GT350! Welcome to the forums.
"Pics or it didn't happen." is the standard reply to the new person who does not post pictures of the new car.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I've got a 2019 GT350 and I'm in the Detroit area. I'm assuming the GT350 would be a terrible winter car and I personally will not drive it after they put any salt down until spring and a few good rain storms to get it off the roads.

Blong

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blong
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
@Blong Congrats on the GT350! Welcome to the forums.
"Pics or it didn't happen." is the standard reply to the new person who does not post pictures of the new car.
Thanks for reminding me. I was hoping to get better photos but it's just been in my garage since I got it. This is a shot from the dealer prior to delivery. Magnetic grey with painted black roof. Tech package, handling package, Recaro seats. It's been very difficult finding winter tires since it's so late in the season and with only a month or two until we hopefully start getting into the 50's, I'll probably just wait it out. Thanks all for the suggestions and tips.

20210116_114608.jpg
Sponsored