MGW shifter gt350 2019 DEAL ???

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
hit a little snag with the cam phaser, but may fire her up this weekend to make sure we put stuff back where it actually went lol.

and hey maybe yall can get a group buy, i was just letting yall know since like 2015 i've never saw it more than $50 off even at the big holidays...but wellll worth the money nonetheless. if he made one for a gen6 camaro i'd have it in a heartbeat. it's fun to look at, not bad to install, and wow it's better than the flimsy factory stuff
dude, I didn't know you were doing a cam on the Camaro. I haven't been on the forums consistently in a while. Good luck with the install
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
dude, I didn't know you were doing a cam on the Camaro. I haven't been on the forums consistently in a while. Good luck with the install
Much appreciated, with any luck we may be able to fire her up tmr. I figure if we are about to have EV shoved down our throats, Iā€™m going out with a bang

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Bought mine through Lethal Performance a while back, though I also communicated directly with MGW (Julie and George) during the process. The benefit of LP was free shipping and mil discount + seasonal discount (Memorial Day I think). I also bought a shift ball with it, which shipped separately from MGW. As I recall, they honored most, if not all, of Lethal's discount structure for that too.

Bottom line, it's a small company with great service and they go the extra mile to be fair. So, what ever price they offer, you can be sure they are doing their best to take care of the customer, while recognizing they are a business.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Good post. Iā€™m sure they have dealer agreements in place and will not undercut there dealers. Nothing wrong with it, simply supporting the vendors that support there product.

Bought mine through Lethal Performance a while back, though I also communicated directly with MGW (Julie and George) during the process. The benefit of LP was free shipping and mil discount + seasonal discount (Memorial Day I think). I also bought a shift ball with it, which shipped separately from MGW. As I recall, they honored most, if not all, of Lethal's discount structure for that too.

Bottom line, it's a small company with great service and they go the extra mile to be fair. So, what ever price they offer, you can be sure they are doing their best to take care of the customer, while recognizing they are a business.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
I jus placed my order through George directly at the MGW website and yes I did get my 5% off
NO shipping fee , $479 shipped incl taxes.
they are abt 3 weeks out for shipping but that gives me perfect time to use the OEM shifter for a bit as I jus got my car...
Code for 5% off : MGWPATRIOT

*I wonder if the racesung adaptor and the weighted knob would fit the MGW, I have emailed them both letā€™s hope for the best, fingers crossed šŸ¤ž

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
im looking for a this shifter for my car does anyone know of a good deal on this one anywhere ?
Im getting $475 plus tax so far :crying:
thanks
MGW Shifters are an excluded from discount item. They are on a made to order basis due to them being fully customizable and are on a 3-4 week lead time. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Based on above, I looked back at the emails from my order. Turns out MGW applied the discount/Mem Day Sale (10%). However, we worked it via Lethal so that I got the MGW discount and Lethal's free shipping. Back then, MGW charged for shipping. End result: Lethal and MGW are both awesome IMHO.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Please let us know how it turns out for you.
Obviously if Ford puts in the MGW it will be a non issue down the road as far as warranty goes.
Iā€˜m doubtful theyā€™ll do it but who knows.
Spoke with the dealer I purchased my car from. He said that they will install MGW shifter for additional cost(labor). Don't think it'll void warranty. But don't take my word, check with your dealer. I know guy who's friend with service manger and they installed MGW shifter as part of recall for free, no charge.

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
My 19's shifting sucks - not sure if its the shift mechanism (got the TSB taken care of - it fixed nothing) or some other more serious internal defect. Sometimes 2nd & 4th don't want to go and if I'm not expecting it, and I'm usually not, I get a gear grind followed by me cursing like a sailor as I wince & regroup. I can't imagine ever tracking or really whipping through hard acceleration like this (I did track attack in Utah so my expectations are reasonable - this feels like my old Fox T-5 which was never applauded like the TR3160 is). Its worse when its cold but even warmed up it might do it. Just often enough to be a bummer. Its like the syncro doesn't want to play. at only 1300 miles it really bums me out. Anyone else? Going to bring it to the dealer in spring when the car comes out fo storage. Hate the idea of them tearing into it but not sure what choice I have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Spoke with the dealer I purchased my car from. He said that they will install MGW shifter for additional cost(labor). Don't think it'll void warranty. But don't take my word, check with your dealer. I know guy who's friend with service manger and they installed MGW shifter as part of recall for free, no charge.
I tried the same thing with my local dealer here they said they will fix the recall for the shift issue but they will not install anything but for authorized products

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
OK guys I got the shifter installed MGW it is the best thing in the world and highly recommend it , The shifts are super smooth and amazing.
On the other hand the raceseng ashiko knob was not my cup of tea, it seemed too big and uncomfortable šŸ„µ personally I thought was going to love it, Not blaming the company whatsoever it is an amazing product just not for me I guess.

this installation was done at a Ford dealership for customer service or I should say customer satisfaction because I was not satisfied with the factory shifter they installed the MGW for free my suggestion never give your car for a third-party install at a Ford dealership not only they messed up the install they completely messed up my factory knob as you can see in the picture below.
When the shifter was installed I took it for a ride and there was NO power in the 1st gear, it dealt like it was the 3rd gear, but it was in the first gear. Then we had to call MGW and finally they fixed it.

B1BBD9AA-2089-42CE-A3FE-AD9395C2CA94.jpeg

0746E418-F89F-413B-ADB5-BAA9CCB3DCEE.jpeg

3308A35B-004C-428B-B836-4771FCE2EB79.jpeg

E7BC373E-0EB2-408E-8288-F48195A23C5D.jpeg

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
FYI I know the shifter is not aligned properly that was another issue at the dealership they could not fix LOL

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I think there should be a part provided by MGW to align the shifter knob. Looking at your pictures it makes me wonder...
I changed OEM knob with JC Pony knob on my. I removed the OEM knob with my bare hands, using towel for better grip. Can't believe they messed up OEM knob that much. Apparently they used channellock plyers to destroy it. What a shame.
Sponsored