Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
car looks fantastic travel lad!

anyone know if any dealerships in scotland are doing test drives? I'm keen to get away from the in-laws over Christmas for a bit!!
Thanks Boys, I think there was meant to be cars for driving in Inverness (Macrae & Dick - maybe) and Glasgow (Evans Halshaw) plus the People's already mentioned - although they may not be keen if you are not ordering from there.
Sponsored

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
Eco Puts out !

WOT the EB growls, I've been getting a bit more confident with it in the past few days (helps that it's dry at the minute too).
Spanked a couple of bmws going up a steep bank as well, makes you (well me) slightly giddy flooring it in 3rd or 4th. Too easy to get illegal though & have to back off.

Yep, even coming out of a '12 Coyote 5.0, I AGREE- The 2.3 L EcoBoost makes no apologies !

I put it down to pass on a 2 lane this week going to the Mall (without my bride of course)- Almost too quick to believe !
ZERO turbo lag in my opinion !

And, it blows away my past 2005 GT 4.6 V8, and 2001 BULLITT GT !

Also, you are all correct. On acceleration, the sound is sweet- plenty of performance sound for me !
15 w 67 Fstbk .jpg

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks Boys, I think there was meant to be cars for driving in Inverness (Macrae & Dick - maybe) and Glasgow (Evans Halshaw) plus the People's already mentioned - although they may not be keen if you are not ordering from there.
Inverness has a Race Red Gt fastback manual for test drives atm, taking it out for a spin on saturday ).
In the showroom for show are a guard gt with saddle leather, shadow black conv with ceramic interior and a 1965 mustang in green )

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
Took the red GT at Inverness for a spin today. 2.5 hour drive from Abz so they gave me a good run.. Loved it. The driving position is great, bonnet looks epic from inside the car.
The breaks are grabby but what do you expect from brembos that big, and boy do they work.
It's all about the go pedal and it does what it's meant to. It's quick, very manageable power though and although on paper it's wider than my XK it felt almost identical size wise. Any questions just ask..

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
I was lead to believe there were certain other 'extras' on the car, can't quite remember off the top of my head (i think the rear decklid emblem says '50 years' on it?)
Unfortunately, you are thinking of the 50th Anniversary Special Edition or 50th Anniversary Appearance Pack. As far as I'm aware the CL only get the dash plate and boxed presentation 'gift' set with letter from Bill Ford.

Anyone seen those decklid emblems for sale anywhere? I understand they are no longer available but you can get the front grille.

Sponsored

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Took the red GT at Inverness for a spin today. 2.5 hour drive from Abz so they gave me a good run.. Loved it. The driving position is great, bonnet looks epic from inside the car.
The breaks are grabby but what do you expect from brembos that big, and boy do they work.
It's all about the go pedal and it does what it's meant to. It's quick, very manageable power though and although on paper it's wider than my XK it felt almost identical size wise. Any questions just ask..
Hoping they will have the demonstrator there for a while, was hoping to get up today (Sunday) but the Mrs ain't keen this close to Christmas. Cracking day for a drive as well from ABZ to INV.

Do you know if they have an EB demo? Was told they were getting a 'vert one but no replies to by voicemails or fb messages.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hoping they will have the demonstrator there for a while, was hoping to get up today (Sunday) but the Mrs ain't keen this close to Christmas. Cracking day for a drive as well from ABZ to INV.

Do you know if they have an EB demo? Was told they were getting a 'vert one but no replies to by voicemails or fb messages.
Was only the GT when I took the car out for a spin yesterday. Pleasantly surprised how quickly I got used to the size of the car in traffic, my daily driver is a VW UP!, just a lil difference in comparison :p. No issues at all with the car, the brakes are very strong and can bite quickly but won't take long to adjust too. Looks like they will be keeping the GT for a while as its the only car they have now, all the showroom cars have been sent to a different dealer now (.

OP
OP
CapitanPug

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
It's dark in the morning when I go to work and it's dark at night when I drive home so apologies for no pictures.
I have thought about taking one in the dark as I have thought that the light from my smile on seeing Hank on the driveway should be enough to light it up!
I have to say that I am enjoying the driving and the best thing so far are the puddle lights and illuminated sills (well at the times I am driving anyway) they are just way too cool for school!
I have Hank booked in for his post-Christmas visit to Incredible Detail in Hillington where Robert is going to give him the Gtech treatment :-) - I couldn't be bothered trawling the threads to see who had suggested him but whoever it was may be getting a discount for the recommendation so if you let me know I will make sure I mention you by name to Robert when I drop off the car.
Apologies again for lack of pictures and I promise to get some at the weekend (weather permitting!).
Travel Lad - How did you get on at Incredible Detail with Hank's detailing?

Did they do a good job for you?? :)

Any pics?

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Was only the GT when I took the car out for a spin yesterday. Pleasantly surprised how quickly I got used to the size of the car in traffic, my daily driver is a VW UP!, just a lil difference in comparison :p. No issues at all with the car, the brakes are very strong and can bite quickly but won't take long to adjust too. Looks like they will be keeping the GT for a while as its the only car they have now, all the showroom cars have been sent to a different dealer now (.
yes, we took that for a spin on Hogmanay and has to be said was quite worried taking it out of the dealers as was tight in! Insisted the salesman did it as car appeared huge.

The size only took a couple of minutes to get used to, we both had a shot and loved it - order now placed for a CO GT! :headbonk:

I will be ripping pages off the calendar now until it arrives :headbang:

Last edited:

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Travel Lad - How did you get on at Incredible Detail with Hank's detailing?

Did they do a good job for you?? :)

Any pics?
He goes in tomorrow, going to ask the guy to take some before and after pics, I will take a few as well. Get him back on Wednesday late pm so will try and get the pics on Thursday or Friday.

Not been driving much over the hols, just up to 600 miles now but loving it & being the only one I've seen in the west is still turning heads and getting pointed at. I am loving the colour as it is quite subtle and people have to look twice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CapitanPug

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
He goes in tomorrow, going to ask the guy to take some before and after pics, I will take a few as well. Get him back on Wednesday late pm so will try and get the pics on Thursday or Friday.

Not been driving much over the hols, just up to 600 miles now but loving it & being the only one I've seen in the west is still turning heads and getting pointed at. I am loving the colour as it is quite subtle and people have to look twice.
Hi Travel Lad, how did the detailing go at Hillington?
Hope they did a good job, going to book my RR GT at start of Feb & just wondered if you felt it was worth the £££'s
:D

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Hi Travel Lad, how did the detailing go at Hillington?
Hope they did a good job, going to book my RR GT at start of Feb & just wondered if you felt it was worth the £££'s
:D
Sorry for not being on recently - I work in travel, skiing in particular, and not been around much. Anyways, got the car done at Incredible detail and it looked amazing when I picked it up - such a deep shine and gloss even the wheels! Robert and his colleague (apologies didn't get his name) did a great job inside and out.
As we all know it has been piss awful weather all month and I have never been around to take any pics in the short 5 minutes when the sun has decided to flash past.
The water just beads off the car and in particular the windscreen treatment is very effective - not that the front matters but the back screen is important as I have always been used to a back wiper and still find myself looking for the wiper control!
3 weeks in there is some road stuff on the flanks but the bonnet and upper panels are still clean :-)
Robert said the treatment should help protect the car for two to three years with some basic maintenance so I have ordered some basic wash and cleaning stuff from the Gtechniq website so hopefully an easy wash every couple of weeks will keep everything looking smart - will let you know how that goes.
This is a longterm thing so hopefully the investment will be worth it. At the moment I am happy with everything and still get that smile everytime I see the car.
BTW still not seen another on the road!

OP
OP
CapitanPug

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Travel Lad, gonna book my RR GT in middle of Feb' for detailing while I'm away to Africa for the week :D
I still haven't seen one on the road yet either:ninja:
Maybe need to arrange a meet up/run when/if we get a break in the weather!
Callander/Trossachs run would be good :cheers:
Sponsored