The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to say, sorry about the rear bumper, but, it is fixed now, and at least you do not have to deal with the anxiety some of us have had over the "safety recall" involving potentially excess undercarriage heat in the early EcoBoost cars, like mine... Anxious about dealer techs accidentally screwing up stuff while tearing down things under the poor babies like- drive shaft, gas tanks (2) exhaust system etc... ( LOTS of discussion on our EcoBoost Forum about it.. and some guys are still refusing, or putting off the "repairs" .

ANYWAY, AGAIN, ENJOY YOUR GREAT NEW PONY !
Limited edition champions league cars are a special X/500 make of the car, given away (to those who were in line to order it online) after the champions league final (Champions League is a 'Soccer' final in which the best teams of each 'league' in Europe eventually face off to decide a winner - It's Europes equiv of the superbowl final). Owners who have them instead of the '50 years of mustang' plaque, have a X/500 plaque placed there, there are subtle other differences like chrome surrounds on the tail lights etc. They're incredibly rare being 1/500 and sold on a first come first serve basis.

I'm glad a lot of the issues got fixed with the EB before it came over here, I drove an auto EB in the stats (Florida) and that was enough to confirm to the birth givers (Aka parents) to drop their wall about me dropping £31k (46k USD) on a car (My 31k). As they'd previously been very skeptical and I'm from a family who typically buy used cars, rather than new.

With how ford are treating us we're all incredibly wary of recalls, should it end up being another couple of months without our car etc, judging by a 12 month wait, If they f**ked up on something, it'd probably be a month+ before it gets fixed. But to finally have my car when it comes, I can manage that risk!
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
instead of the '50 years of mustang' plaque, have a X/500 plaque placed there, there are subtle other differences like chrome surrounds on the tail lights etc
As far as I'm aware the CL cars are identical to other export models apart from the plaque.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I'm aware the CL cars are identical to other export models apart from the plaque.
I was lead to believe there were certain other 'extras' on the car, can't quite remember off the top of my head (i think the rear decklid emblem says '50 years' on it?)

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
X/500s !

Limited edition champions league cars are a special X/500 make of the car, given away (to those who were in line to order it online) after the champions league final (Champions League is a 'Soccer' final in which the best teams of each 'league' in Europe eventually face off to decide a winner - It's Europes equiv of the superbowl final). Owners who have them instead of the '50 years of mustang' plaque, have a X/500 plaque placed there, there are subtle other differences like chrome surrounds on the tail lights etc. They're incredibly rare being 1/500 and sold on a first come first serve basis.

I'm glad a lot of the issues got fixed with the EB before it came over here, I drove an auto EB in the stats (Florida) and that was enough to confirm to the birth givers (Aka parents) to drop their wall about me dropping £31k (46k USD) on a car (My 31k). As they'd previously been very skeptical and I'm from a family who typically buy used cars, rather than new.

With how ford are treating us we're all incredibly wary of recalls, should it end up being another couple of months without our car etc, judging by a 12 month wait, If they f**ked up on something, it'd probably be a month+ before it gets fixed. But to finally have my car when it comes, I can manage that risk!

WOW, REALLY COOL CAR !

Thank you for the response..

(Now, I have something to tell my stateside Mustang buddies about ! I doubt any of my ""know-it-all-car-guy-buddies ;) have heard about your car ! ).

PS- Did you mention our "Super Bowl" oh My !... WE are THE Champions here in Boston !

(OH, OH, here comes the "shat" .... :shrug::headbonk::lol::D ;) )

And, speaking of Mustangs, Soccer / Football & our Patriots, there is a Cruise Night at Patriot Stadium every other week in season where as many as 2,000 cars show up ( don't think there is any need to convert the "English" number to anything else, is there ? ;) ).

Here is my "McQueen" at the show in June. Our local Cape Cod Mustang Club cruises there as a group- about 75 miles off the Cape :
15 at Patriot Stadium.jpg

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Shipping NEEDS a BOOST !

Seasons greetings to you Dick,

I'll put this in as simple English as I can :lol:;), I haven't got mine yet, the Signature below provides the majority of details (ordered 11th August '15, original expected delivery date 01st september 2016(wanted the new registration plates (They come new March/Sept in the UK), now estimated delivery 'In March'), most people are told it's 10-12month waiting list to receive the cars. As RHD's are 'made to spec' and usual US cars are made as 'Stock cars'.
After build we've got an estimated 12 week wait which includes the cars traveling via boat into Zebrugge, clearing customs, then travelling across the British channel into England (Southampton) and then from Southampton to our dealers (where we will pick it up from once it's been prepped).

@Big_G & @Kristian87 maybe able to provide a better timescale as they are the two current owners of Ecoboosts that are known to me (And currently my soul purpose for jealousy and envy, wankers! :tsk:, Jokes aside.)

The full 'timescale' is detailed below and from my dealership. Some are clearing in 6 weeks, some in 12 weeks, it really does depend, but we're sticking by the 12 week guidance.

Here is the actual email:

Dear Mr Steve

Thank you for placing your order for a 2.3 EcoBoost Ford Mustang. I wanted to let you know that production of right-hand drive Mustangs has now started at our production facility in Flat Rock, Michigan, USA.

UK deliveries need a BOOST !

Sorry about your wait !!

Spoiled is fussing cause we had to drive 200 miles round trip in the rain to get the exact 2015 we wanted ! And, being nervous driving there in our previous Pony, a '12 Coyote with only 2,500 miles that had never seen rain, and our new Eco, we were trading up for, home in the rain.

We wanted the Guard Green Met., and my wife, who has ridden with me in all 17 of our Mustangs, really liked the Dark Saddle leather. This combo is not common around here.

MAY YOU HAVE "THE QUICKEST OF QUICK"

( borrowed from Blackadder in our fav Christmas movie "Love Actually")

DELIVERIES FROM HERE ON OUT !

Last edited:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Seasons greetings to you Dick,

I'll put this in as simple English as I can :lol:;), I haven't got mine yet, the Signature below provides the majority of details (ordered 11th August '15, original expected delivery date 01st september 2016(wanted the new registration plates (They come new March/Sept in the UK), now estimated delivery 'In March'), most people are told it's 10-12month waiting list to receive the cars. As RHD's are 'made to spec' and usual US cars are made as 'Stock cars'.
After build we've got an estimated 12 week wait which includes the cars traveling via boat into Zebrugge, clearing customs, then travelling across the British channel into England (Southampton) and then from Southampton to our dealers (where we will pick it up from once it's been prepped).

@Big_G & @Kristian87 maybe able to provide a better timescale as they are the two current owners of Ecoboosts that are known to me (And currently my soul purpose for jealousy and envy, wankers! :tsk:, Jokes aside.)

The full 'timescale' is detailed below and from my dealership. Some are clearing in 6 weeks, some in 12 weeks, it really does depend, but we're sticking by the 12 week guidance.

Here is the actual email:

Dear Mr Steve

Thank you for placing your order for a 2.3 EcoBoost Ford Mustang. I wanted to let you know that production of right-hand drive Mustangs has now started at our production facility in Flat Rock, Michigan, USA.
A huge boost indeed, the shipping takes the royal p1ss and the production is slow.

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
OK - 4 days in - still smiling :D
The sun (well, slightly brighter gloom) came out and the rain held off for 20 minutes yesterday so took a couple of snaps at lunchtime.
First impressions, the car turns heads no doubt and it feels great behind the wheel looking out along those bonnet creases - it is almost fighter pilot like.
The colour is better than expected - a deeper blue and not quite the Subaru Impreza royal or the bright blue BMW have been using so that is good.
Drives easy and feels very secure on the road, only had the steering in normal mode and had the wet/snow mode on a couple of times but not really noticed the difference but I haven't been doing any significant driving, just a couple of 40 minute runs up the motorway and around town stuff - mainly in the dark so, again, not really tried anything testing.
Exhaust sounds great inside - don't know about outside as I haven't stood outside with the engine running to listen!
It's quick and quite vocal when the peddle goes down - but in a nice way not raspy or strained.
Seats are very comfortable and plenty of adjustment - no way anyone isn't getting a good driving position in the car.
Sound system, sat nav etc all seems straightforward and sounds reasonable (SHaker) but again, not pushed it yet.
With the majority of 'dark' driving that I have been doing by far the coolest things on the car are the puddle lamps and illuminated sills!
Not a very detailed review but it is all that I thought it would be and more - everyone that has seen it - loves it! Plus they all think it's a £50k car - it certainly looks more expensive, maybe because there is nothing like it on the road. I have a feeling it will be a long time before I see another one - I'm off to Glasgow today to maybe will see one of the Evan Halshaws out and about - I will wave to them if I do :headbang:
Hank5sml.jpg
Hank6sml.jpg
Hank7sml.jpg
Pony Lampsml.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Look great Jim, good review :) agree on the sound inside - so much better than I was expecting! Listed to it many times online but it simply doesn't compare to when you are sat in the cabin! Haven't heard mine from the outside either actually

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OK - 4 days in - still smiling :D
The sun (well, slightly brighter gloom) came out and the rain held off for 20 minutes yesterday so took a couple of snaps at lunchtime.
First impressions, the car turns heads no doubt and it feels great behind the wheel looking out along those bonnet creases - it is almost fighter pilot like.
The colour is better than expected - a deeper blue and not quite the Subaru Impreza royal or the bright blue BMW have been using so that is good.
Drives easy and feels very secure on the road, only had the steering in normal mode and had the wet/snow mode on a couple of times but not really noticed the difference but I haven't been doing any significant driving, just a couple of 40 minute runs up the motorway and around town stuff - mainly in the dark so, again, not really tried anything testing.
Exhaust sounds great inside - don't know about outside as I haven't stood outside with the engine running to listen!
It's quick and quite vocal when the peddle goes down - but in a nice way not raspy or strained.
Seats are very comfortable and plenty of adjustment - no way anyone isn't getting a good driving position in the car.
Sound system, sat nav etc all seems straightforward and sounds reasonable (SHaker) but again, not pushed it yet.
With the majority of 'dark' driving that I have been doing by far the coolest things on the car are the puddle lamps and illuminated sills!
Not a very detailed review but it is all that I thought it would be and more - everyone that has seen it - loves it! Plus they all think it's a £50k car - it certainly looks more expensive, maybe because there is nothing like it on the road. I have a feeling it will be a long time before I see another one - I'm off to Glasgow today to maybe will see one of the Evan Halshaws out and about - I will wave to them if I do :headbang:
Nice review mate, from the outside the EB on idle sounds pretty 'normal car' however foot down it comes to life for sure. It's way better sounding than all of the purists have made it out to be. Glad you're happy with the car - make sure you change the shaker settings around as some people are saying they're default configured for a 'LHD suitability' rather than RHD.

Can I be cheeky and ask for some 'in the dark' pictures with lights on and such? Also, I wonder if anyones found a mod to keep the Pony running lights on/off constantly rather than only when approaching/opening and closing the door.

[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] Nobody respects the EB as much as someone that's heard it, even in america when i'd driven it I was shocked at the sound from hearing all of the reviews etc, and the unjust sound from youtube clips, It's definatley there, not V8 level, but it'll turn heads when revv'd as i'm sure you're fully aware.

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
car looks fantastic travel lad!

anyone know if any dealerships in scotland are doing test drives? I'm keen to get away from the in-laws over Christmas for a bit!!

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
car looks fantastic travel lad!

anyone know if any dealerships in scotland are doing test drives? I'm keen to get away from the in-laws over Christmas for a bit!!
It was mentioned somewhere that Peoples in Edinburgh had a demonstrator, though the promised call about a test drive for us customers has not yet materialised! Plus you'd need to fly in by helicopter at the moment... ;)

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice one , love the blue, I haven't driven mine hard yet, in fact I've only driven at weekends for some xmas shopping.As for parking I always park right out of the way and guaranteed when I get to my car there has been someone parked right alongside.

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Nice one , love the blue, I haven't driven mine hard yet, in fact I've only driven at weekends for some xmas shopping.As for parking I always park right out of the way and guaranteed when I get to my car there has been someone parked right alongside.

RE. parking- Yep, same everywhere !

The other day, my wife had our driver out to the hairdresser's, so I fired up the Eco, and buzzed down to the Hyannis MA Macy's to get here 1 surprise gift for Christmas ( ended up showing it to her- and we had to exchange it..next day :doh: )

I found an extra wide spot.. on an end, and parked at a slight angle to keep my door furthest away- came out and a guy parked at the same angle and hugged the line... and then the next 2 cars to him parked at the same angle ???? :frusty::headbonk::paddle: :doh:

Would have been a funny picture !
15 Christmas Guard.jpg

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
WOT the EB growls, I've been getting a bit more confident with it in the past few days (helps that it's dry at the minute too).
Spanked a couple of bmws going up a steep bank as well, makes you (well me) slightly giddy flooring it in 3rd or 4th. Too easy to get illegal though & have to back off.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
WOT the EB growls, I've been getting a bit more confident with it in the past few days (helps that it's dry at the minute too).
Spanked a couple of bmws going up a steep bank as well, makes you (well me) slightly giddy flooring it in 3rd or 4th. Too easy to get illegal though & have to back off.
Easy to get illegal, put your foot down on a straight and you're at 100 before you know it! It's insanely quick for what it is. And yes, it does have a nice growl to it when you throw it around :headbang:
Sponsored