Max HP For Stock Motor

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I like the idea of 800 plus for when I'm driving 70, want to downshift and smoke the tires as I drive by a Hellcat trying to get him to race :D Mostly it's just because I can. I like drag racing but in reality it's just a way to see how long before something breaks and how much it will cost you. Racing 60-160 has grown on me recently, especially with the YouTube videos of it. I've done the 0-100 thing for decades.
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I like the idea of 800 plus for when I'm driving 70, want to downshift and smoke the tires as I drive by a Hellcat trying to get him to race :D Mostly it's just because I can. I like drag racing but in reality it's just a way to see how long before something breaks and how much it will cost you. Racing 60-160 has grown on me recently, especially with the YouTube videos of it. I've done the 0-100 thing for decades.
I literally did that the other day. tires were breaking loose as I was pulling away from a hellcat lol it was a great but scary as F feeling

OP
OP
Ruby5.0

Ruby5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT, 50th Anniversary, Ruby Red
I was told that these cars were governed to 155 MPH. I've had mine to 154 and held it there for fear of the fuel being cut and possibly damaging the engine. What is funny is I saw a 2018 Roush Stage 2 at the local Ford dealer and took a look. Nice care in that new crimson red. I left before a sales rep came out though. Anyway, later I called the dealer to ask what the HP, torque and top speed were on that car. He wanted to know why I wanted to know about the top speed. I told him I drive triple digits a lot and want a car that can do 200, if the opportunity presented itself. I gave him the example of a 2014 Shelby GT500. Needless to say, he had doubts about me for sure. Anyway, the sales guy had no clue on any of those numbers. So, he calls Roush. Roush tells him the HP could be 700 with 631 torque if they were to add the supercharger. Then the Roush guy asked him why I wanted to know about the top speed and he told him. The Roush guy said they leave all limiters in place or it would void the warranty. So, if they are indeed set at 155mph, that is what it is. I hate speed limiters/governors. I bought a tuner from SCT for my Navigator to get rid of the speed limiter on it. Lincoln had it set for 99 mph. Several times I had tried to pass people and couldn't because they sped up beyond that speed. Now, I'm only limited by the aerodynamics of the vehicle, which is about 130. Still a lot better than 99 though. Plus I get better mileage now. Anyway, just thought I would share the Roush story. :cheers:
Sponsored