Sponsored

Matte or Gloss Black Out Emblems

Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
I'm going to Replace all my chrome emblems on my 2015 "Black Exterior" Mustang GT...

Indecisive about Matte or Gloss Emblems...

Please share pics if you have them... especially if they are black on black...LOL...
Sponsored

Last edited:

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I went gloss to match the PP wheels. Havent installed yet though as ford was replacing my transmission and its been raining lately since I picked it up.
magnetic car here.

OP
OP
Metal

Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
I went gloss to match the PP wheels. Havent installed yet though as ford was replacing my transmission and its been raining lately since I picked it up.
magnetic car here.
I didn't think about it matching my PP wheels, good point..

GT500Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT A6
I went with the matte black on my car just for the contrast. Ultimately, I will probably do some custom dark charcoal gray emblems so they will stand out a little more.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
I flip flopped between gloss and matte myself. Ended up going gloss black all the way around. Don't regret it for a second. I like how it blends with the rear panel, it's the exact same value of black. On the front grill I like how it pops against the matte grill.
And I agree about matching PP wheels. That said if I had matte wheels, I would have gone matte emblems.
DSC00977 (1).jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Metal

Metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
Great, I'm going with Gloss....! I should have them by next week and will Post Pics...!

Thanks for the quick responses and pics are worth a thousand words...!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING and May GOD BLESS YOU ALL...!

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Any more photos anyone can share?
I have been looking into this, since one cannot purchase a 2018 Mustang GT PP1 Premium, with the Blackedout Package.

Currently thinking about the gloss option. Initially, I was thinking matte black. But, with my car so shinny - LOL gloss might be the way to go...

mgt.png

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoostā„¢, Vert, MagneRideĀ® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I like the chrome pony on the rear of my '19 EcoBoostā„¢ and will likely leave it alone; however, since making the switch from emblazoned 5.0 fender emblems to a slick-surfaced non-V8 quarter panel, I've been feeling a little emasculated.

I have obtained several "EB" fender-size emblems in chrome and shiny black. With the addition of rattle-can paints, my options are limited only by inspiration. My arc is toward a scheme of orange on the Magnetic Metallic car, a combination I've admired on several (mostly racing) cars in the past. There is also the different-on-each-side possibility, and the more-than-one-to-a-side idea.

Rattle-cans currently in stock are flat/satin black and fluorescent orange, and flat clear-coat.

What do y'all think?

I'll also need location measurements for the 5.0 emblems so I can fit the EBs in the right places.
GrayCaeEBemblems.jpg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I went with matte as all the other black parts on the car are satin/matte or plastic except for the deck lid panel and tail light surrounds
9A11DCD3-DAC5-4451-90CA-943ECA6EF5B6.jpeg
8B93FE86-3008-4CFC-ABF6-515B1BA338E8.jpeg

Sponsored

pntdj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium
@Dsquared & @Rdot9 where did you purchase the GT emblem from? Iā€™m having a difficult time finding it

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15ā€™ GT
I put gloss black emblems in my black car with black wheels etc..
looks good and matte wouldnt make much difference..lol

@pntdj id like to find a black GT emblem also..lol..That big ugly chrome emblem and red tails are leaving next

Edit, quick google led me to a few pls es right off the bat for black rear emblems

Mak performance
Lethal
Ebay (has Oem ones and $20 repops)

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have all gloss as part of the black accent package, if I had a choice Iā€™d prolly do like a satin. Matte gets damaged/marked up so easily it would drive me nutsā€¦