Maryland front plate

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
This bill comes up every couple years and dies. In 2020 it was HB 1264. Usually internal government gives it a thumbs down report so it gets voted down.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I've been given two warnings over the last nine years, never a ticket. But I have one of those removable brackets, so when stopped I just say I'll put the plate back on.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks Fellas! Running w/no front plate. Gawd, the MD plates are hideous!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Thanks Fellas! Running w/no front plate. Gawd, the MD plates are hideous!
Well, we have quite a choice of them. I have the "Francis Scott Key" plate; there's a nice Chesapeake Bay plate, and I believe there's even a "Most Fantastic Gorgeous Ridiculous Garish Vivid State Flag in the F-ing Union" plate.

1622673076128.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well, we have quite a choice of them. I have the "Francis Scott Key" plate; there's a nice Chesapeake Bay plate, and I believe there's even a "Most Fantastic Gorgeous Ridiculous Garish Vivid State Flag in the F-ing Union" plate.

1622673076128.png
Anything like this cool ass x men ship?

2B4E7AEA-F625-41BE-91CB-2B80FE4D4D59.jpeg

Reactions: DRB
OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

1622673076128.png
Also, I have a dark gray mustang. I will probably go with all white military plate. Everything so busy. In Virginia, you can create a plate and get enough signatures and bam! Cool plate.

Reactions: DRB

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I was pulled over twice (in about a 6 mo period) for not running the front plates; regular civilized driving, tho.

First time was a couple of weeks after getting my MD plates, I wasn't displaying the front one at all. The cop didn't give me a written warning, just told me that I had to display the front one, and let me go, being new to the state.

Second time, I was displaying it on my front window, and got pulled over and received a written warning. Was told to zip-tie the plate to my bumper/grill if I didn't want to drill thru the bumper (my car's front bumper had never been drilled for plates), so I did... lol

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Mine looks better with a plate in front, since the dealer screwed the bracket into the bumper before I could get there to stop them.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I see so many cars without front plates in Virginia, I am beginning to suspect that cops use the front plate as an excuse to pull someone over. I see all types without front plates from nice sports cars to older cars, trucks, and everything else in between.

Also, I notice a lot of people with limo tint, I stay with the legal tint however, my installer uses a really good tint so it appears darker than it really is.

Sponsored
OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I see so many cars without front plates in Virginia, I am beginning to suspect that cops use the front plate as an excuse to pull someone over. I see all types without front plates from nice sports cars to older cars, trucks, and everything else in between.

Also, I notice a lot of people with limo tint, I stay with the legal tint however, my installer uses a really good tint so it appears darker than it really is.
Yeah, I just moved from VA, but no one has front plates @ car meetups.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Yeah, I just moved from VA, but no one has front plates @ car meetups.
I have noticed that as well, I think it depends on the county as to how strict they are. If you are new to VA, I can tell you that Fairfax is very strict.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have noticed that as well, I think it depends on the county as to how strict they are. If you are new to VA, I can tell you that Fairfax is very strict.
yes, I just moved from VA to MD. I work in Vienna and Tysons and no problems. Then, again its not a everyday driver. If you get in trouble for something else, i'm sure they get you.

Got towed in Fairfax once. Have not taken my money back there since. Did go to Clairs and Dons on Saturday in Falls Church. Great entertainment.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
I'm from moco.

My mustang doesnt have a front plate.
I keep the front plate in the glove box.

Been pulled over a few times over the last 3 years.

Never been bugged about my front plate.
I also have very dark tints. But I always roll my windows all the way down when I get pulled over. And i'm disgustingly polite to law enforcement.

Lots of my cool car friends also dont have front plates. No issues to report.

But its fair game. Technically MD does require it.
If you are worried, theres a bracket that folds under the front spoiler.
Google 'stonsho'.
That will be my eventual move if I do get a ticket for the plates.

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
Moving to Maryland. How strict are they on front plate? It appears in the code that a window mount would suffice.
Saturday I noticed my nephew didn't have a front plate on his suv. He said it fell off about 3 years ago and he has not had any Police question him about it.
Sponsored