Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Whats on your built motor? Forged pistons? Cams?
We are still developing components for our built motor packages, but for now it is pinned crank, balance shaft delete, Manley rods, and custom pistons.
Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Adam I'm sure you didn't catch it threw all this mess but I asked how much more would it be for a PT6062 or 6466turbo?

Last edited:

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
This should answer those questions for ya! I have it come down to 11.2:1 roughly during spool then have it come up to 11.7's for the rest of the pull. Boost is at 26.5 on the 5858. I have a 6466 Ball Bearing turbo on the way, should make some power ;). Going to see what it will do on stock block then put it on our built motor.

What I mean by no signs of giving up is no knock, no fuel issue as of yet, and it makes the power back to back no problems. I took it out on the street as I mentioned before to log load data and it is pretty similar to the dyno for load. It really get's interesting through 2nd gear at full boost LOL.
Wow, you are right, it is a beast if the stock pistons and plugs can handle that much boost! That is exciting news indeed!

afr seems its running a bit rich at 11.7 ish. Is it low to balance the extra boost? I'm guessing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Adam I'm sure you didn't catch it threw all this mess but I asked how much more would it be for a PT6062 or 6466turbo?
6062 only comes in ball bearing and Gen 2 so it would be +$750.00
6466 again only comes in ball bearing and Gen 2 - $750.00

Balance shaft delete really necessary?
Not sure if there will be any added gains from it but rotational weight reduction is fairly high when removing the balance shaft in these engines. We are going for ultimate performance and power on our shop engine, we will probably leave balance shaft delete as an option on our engine builds.

Wow, you are right, it is a beast if the stock pistons and plugs can handle that much boost! That is exciting news indeed!

afr seems its running a bit rich at 11.7 ish. Is it low to balance the extra boost? I'm guessing.
11.7 isn't rich at all, fairly comfortable leaving it there for all accounts. Anything leaner than this has produced knock on stock turbo, I haven't leaned it out yet on our big turbo car just yet to see how it responds. Will keep you posted, still some ground to cover!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP

11.7 is more on the lean side, especially with an EcoBoost.

Edit: Didn't see that Adam had already replied.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
So I would be better going with the 6466 since they are about the same price but the 6466 is better for more power?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
So I would be better going with the 6466 since they are about the same price but the 6466 is better for more power?
Unless you are going up to a built motor, I think the 5862 would be just fine. I'm going to be changing the turbo kit to include a 5862 Journal Bearing turbo just for a little bit more top end stability in power delivery.

5862 Ball Bearing would be +$500.

Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
How much power you looking to make? This a daily?
It's a daily for right now But I plan on building the engine up around 50k miles and then it will be my weekend/drag car. And I don't know how much power in looking to make but I want a turbo that I can grow into. Don't want to have to buy another turbo.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I just want mine to be a nice Grand Tourer/ daily driver with a decent amount of power on a bigger turbo. I'd be fine with whatever would be relatively safe for the stock block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
For someone not looking to upgrade the block and wants a nice street car with quick spool, 5862 JB or BB will be just fine. If you know you are going to be building your block in the future, go with the 6266 or 6466 which will support up to 600hp+! You will have to deal with some lag on stock block but it will produce some power!

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Exactly, but we don't want to leave a customer behind if they do upgrade. I think the best option is to have a "buy-back" program, and we will sell the used intakes at a discounted price.

Either way, anybody that has a product from us that needs to be changed for the turbo kit will be rewarded for their loyalty to our brand! :thumbsup:

So....guess this plan is not in play anymore?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.