Sponsored

MAP CAI vs MMR CAI mounting pro and con?

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
Thank you for the responses. I see the pros and cons of both.

MMR - does it absolutely require me to pop the wheel well to complete the install?
MAP - Do you have another option of color for your intake? im thinking lime green.
We have heard of customers installing it without removal of the wheel well.
Sponsored

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
My personal opinion is that if mounting the intake to the frame was so detrimental to the vehicle, the stock air box wouldn't be designed that way.
We certainly appreciate your opinion, but the stock air box is mounted on rubber isolators ,and has an accordion style flex tube to isolate it from the engine. Our engineering behind this kit has shown you must isolate it completely as ford has done with the factory design or have them (the engine and air intake) move together free of all other obstruction which is the design the MMR kit is modeled after.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I think both options are probably fine for most people in most situations.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I know we are talking about MAP vs MMR but I just thought I'd mention that the Mishimoto intake is also mounted to the frame and connects to the turbo with a very large flexible silicone coupler. I haven't had a single issue with this design and I've taken the filter out just to look at it and saw no signs of wear

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I know we are talking about MAP vs MMR but I just thought I'd mention that the Mishimoto intake is also mounted to the frame and connects to the turbo with a very large flexible silicone coupler. I haven't had a single issue with this design and I've taken the filter out just to look at it and saw no signs of wear
Correct, in this case the long silicone coupler that they use is the isolator and considered acceptable (it provides for plenty of flex between the engine and fenderwheel or frame).

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
Correct, in this case the long silicone coupler that they use is the isolator and considered acceptable (it provides for plenty of flex between the engine and fenderwheel or frame).
So the only unacceptable intake is MAPs... Give me a break. Until there are reports or concrete evidence to back this up, it is complete slander.
Sponsored