Sponsored

Manual Transmission: A lot of heat entering the cabin?

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Am I the only one experiencing heat entering the cabin around the center console? Most noticeably the cup holders and the area next to the footwells get very warm.

This mostly occurs during spirited driving where I keep revs above 3 or 4k for extended periods of time. Are other drivers experiencing this as well? Is it something to worry about?
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
OP
OP

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Thanks for the input. I wonder if the transmission is getting hot to the point of damaging itself. As far as I know, there is no way we can see the temperature of the trans fluid on the MT-82 cars.

With the GT350 tech packs going into limp mode over trans temps, this has me worried (yes, I know its a different transmission altogether).

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Thanks for the input. I wonder if the transmission is getting hot to the point of damaging itself. As far as I know, there is no way we can see the temperature of the trans fluid on the MT-82 cars.

With the GT350 tech packs going into limp mode over trans temps, this has me worried (yes, I know its a different transmission altogether).
Don't they have a different trans? The MT-82 has been around before the S550 and they have seen a lot of track duty. Doubtful it will put your car into limp mode but I am not saying they are a sturdy transmission either.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's not the transmission. It's the cats.
Sponsored