The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No no, hands back out of your trousers... The car interior today has been stripped ready for priming, painting, hydro dipping and laquering (and inevitably reapplying).

I'm going for a High Gloss Carbon finish.

Removing the parts really isn't all that hard, the clips are a bit of a pig, but it's fairly easy, just a case of unclipping and unscrewing 5 7mm sockets.

Only issue I found was my dumb ass unclipped the sensor and didn't realise I'd undone it :lol:, or that, that was it. lol.

will update end of thursday with pictures of the completed carbon, and anything my guy sends me whilst he's working through it :lol:

Anyway, here's some shots of the naked interior...

Put the light cluster back in, because weather is shit...

this is the sensor for the keyless start/stop.

Removed parts...

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
In keeping with the thread title i will say you've got some balls...taking your dash apart like that ;)

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
In keeping with the thread title i will say you've got some balls...taking your dash apart like that ;)
It's very disheartening hearing the creaks, cracks and snaps of the clips peeling off, thought i'd fucked it up so many times!!! :lol:.

But thank you :)

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
You did well to remove the centre console trim. How did that go? Did you have any problem around the gear stick?

I'm interested at getting to the electrics under there and hooking into the aux power supply.

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Its all easy enough to replace. But you will lose clips unless you are v. lucky!

I lost 3 when removing the dash panel to install my NGauge.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the clips BTW?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
How long did it take to remove all of it, as it's something I would like to have done as I never have liked it

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Good on you buddy.
You get a lot of (mainly light heated) shit on this forum but there are many out there that would not have the guts to do this. Good on you.

Have you got [MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] on speed dial if it goes wrong when you put it back together??

Sponsored
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=9981]Actual[/MENTION] that bit is a bit of a pig, i removed the kick pads, undid the 7mm bolts, and then worked from the back by the arm rest compartment, very very very tight, lots of fiddling and faffing, eventuallu got either side up then it was a doddle, Gearstick was a pig, cjs recomends removing the 'alu trim' however i just threaded that between the hole instead to save me undoing more clips.
[MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION] i nearly lost one but used tweezers to get it back!!!
[MENTION=21522]Eclipsar[/MENTION] probably around 2hours but that was without a trim removal tool and me on my own. Also included losing sockets etc, as i like to throw them on the floor when one doesn't fit... Inevitably that's the one you end up needing later!
[MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] yeah he's on speed dial ;)! I have a friend who's got all the parts from his dash and centre console spare still so if anything goes wrong i'll see if he's willing to give me them, or just order anew :)
[MENTION=15533]slowhand99[/MENTION] cheers bro.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION] i'll pm you my address ;)!
[MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] mofoka, some of us haven't got child like fingers (or pry bars) to get it out, also it was cold :(!
[MENTION=18349]SLO[/MENTION]whad99 I always needed a nice Knob in my car especially after some people sat in it ;)!
Sponsored