Sponsored

Magnetic owners: what cosmetic mods have you done on the side aside from wheels?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Have bigworm stripes. Matte black with orange pinstripes, love it. Front looks super aggressive, rear looks nice as well.

Side view is..a bit boring lately.

Plans

• Orange calipers
  • side stripes
  • 5.0 emblem color change
Anyone done something similar? Not sure the color combo. If orange emblems, calipers, and side stripes, might be a bit too much.

Thinking maybe orange emblems on a matte black roush side stripe (goes "through" the 5.0 emblem). Or vice versa with an orange stripe.

Thoughts? Feel there's still a lack of nice side stripes, or at least pictures of it.

edit: looks like bigworm is carrying the similar style of the roush side stripes I'm talking about: https://www.bigwormgraphix.net/Mustang-2015-side-accent-stripes.htm
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Maybe orange side mirror covers? Deff paint the calipers. I did mine red and it's a nice touch.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
My car is dirty right now from all the rain, I'll have to get a pic when I get it cleaned up. I just recently did this, waited forever to compare and decide but selected a few dress-up parts. I find the S550's body lines to be much more aerodynamic and refined than previous years. Therefore, when selecting parts, some don't look as good on this body as they did on others. I think it requires more subtlety to accent, not big and bold:

Cervinis 1/4 Window Louvers - These are very low profile. The fit and finish are excellent, matching the existing trim nicely! They are sealed off, you can't see through them. For me though, this was a huge plus as I had window louvers on 2010 that I loved but after washing the car, water trapped in them would drip out and down the car for 2 hours. Before purchasing, I put black posterboard over the windows and drove it around like that for 2 weeks to see if it would bother me. I found that I NEVER/couldn't see out the driver's side rear window and while I did use the passenger's side rear window, it was very limited and I didn't lose much. Plus the Blind Spot indicator is VERY useful, I've found it to be more reliable than what I can see in that tiny window.

Roush side scoop - It really completes the body lines on the side and it is very low profile so it doesn't stick out all gaudy. IMO, Roush did a fantastic job designing this to compliment the car. It also is sealed off, no water gets inside of it, easy to clean. I ordered mine pre-painted from Roush and the paint match was perfect as was the finish. It was very easy to install with a template to get it in the right spot.

I also did a Cervinis chin spoiler and rear spoiler too, but you asked about the side.

cjm9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP in magnetic

Attachments

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I've posted elsewhere but I added Cervinis side scoops. The Roush ones are nice but everyone puts them on their cars. The Cervinis stand out more and when they get noticed, I get a lot of compliments. I also have the CDC Outlaw spoiler on the back as well- I'm debating stripes, but would like to add a GT/CS grill someday. I'm looking into CF mirror covers too..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Not a chance I'm putting taped- or bolted-on scoops or other stuff like that onto my car.

I used a graphite-colored dip and dipped all the emblems (pony, GT, 5.0) so they're much cleaner-looking (versus the bright shiny plastichrome that comes from the factory).

Other than that, I have matte red stripes and window tint. That's it. No spoilers, no scoops, no rice, just a nice, clean car.

Mag15Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 magnetic metallic mustang
For me just lowered, black niche 20's, red calipers, light tint kit, blacked my emblems, plasti dipped my qtr window, cf trunk, cf grille delete. Then my latest is my custom passenger door job. That one was the most extensive and trying mod as of date.
image.jpg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Need some side pictures lol.

Yeah I'm worried the "tick mark" side stripes might be too much. Haven't seen many really. Never liekd the side scoop or the window things either.

But i dunno if emblem and mirror color change will be enough. And those straight stripes at the bottom of the door just seem like what a 16 year old would do with giant mustang letters -_-

Mag15Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 magnetic metallic mustang
Window and what not.
image.jpeg

Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Orange would look good on Magnetic!

I did my calipers in grabber green, best three dollars I ever spent.:headbang:

NPliHmc.jpg

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I feel like less is more with these cars. The 15-16s are so sexy as-is. Other than some nice wheels, tint, and a few other small things (blacked out emblems, roush heat extractors), the car looks great just sitting there.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
0Cu6IR9h.jpg

LadzD3Rh.jpg

Cosmetic mods besides wheels;

18% window tint
apr carbon fiber splitter w/ adjustment rods
racemesh grilles 3-panel in black wrinkle powdercoat, gothic style weave
upr gloss black 5.0 badges
ford racing blackout decklid panel
diode dynamics led rear sidemakrs smoked
raxiom taillight sequencers
diode dynamics switchback leds
tinted third brake light
tinted reverse light w/ diode dynamics led bulb

and i just installed this bad boy yesterday; ford gt350 track package spoiler in gloss black

oFjApy8h.jpg

6O4PBTLh.jpg

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
0Cu6IR9h.jpg

LadzD3Rh.jpg

Cosmetic mods besides wheels;

18% window tint
apr carbon fiber splitter w/ adjustment rods
racemesh grilles 3-panel in black wrinkle powdercoat, gothic style weave
upr gloss black 5.0 badges
ford racing blackout decklid panel
diode dynamics led rear sidemakrs smoked
raxiom taillight sequencers
diode dynamics switchback leds
tinted third brake light
tinted reverse light w/ diode dynamics led bulb

and i just installed this bad boy yesterday; ford gt350 track package spoiler in gloss black

oFjApy8h.jpg

6O4PBTLh.jpg
Need to see that spoiler from a distance and. A direct side shot. Looks great!!