Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
There are a TON of magnetic shelbys.

i think magnetic with blue stripes is my fav
Wasn‘t for me at first but it’s growing on me.
I want to remove the strips but am getting resistance from friends. I know it’s my car but they say “I know it’s you from down the street”.
All the scratches on the stripes drive me nuts. They were there when I bought the car.

45104FA7-E866-480B-8186-7085FF9777AF.jpeg

97861C1A-D268-4DF8-BE79-5B7C78C558C9.jpeg

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
Wasn‘t for me at first but it’s growing on me.
I want to remove the strips but am getting resistance from friends. I know it’s my car but they say “I know it’s you from down the street”.
All the scratches on the stripes drive me nuts. They were there when I bought the car.
Fred;
-I know how you feel about the stripes. In my case, the magnetic metallic color, along with every other window sticker option on the car was exactly what I wanted, except for the stripes. However, the Ford dealer assured me they would remove them if I wanted. The more I looked at the car on subsequent visits while deciding whether to buy it or not, the more the stripes "grew" on me, especially since my black stripes with gray border blended nicely with the car color. (The fact my wife liked them was a plus as well.) When purchase time ultimately came, I had decided the stripes helped to identify and differentiate this Mustang as a Shelby, something special, and kept them with no regrets, knowing they could still be removed if I desired in the future.

-Having said all that, if it bothered me to constantly see my stripes with a lot of scratches on them, that might convince me to have them removed if I didn't really care for them anyway. My concern then would be whether there would be any adhesive residue left on the paint that could not be removed without affecting the paint finish, or if any paint discoloration under the stripes might have occurred and would be noticeable once the stripes were taken off. If that were to be the case, maybe the only solution then would be to have the old stripes removed and new ones applied, thereby resolving the scratch issue also.
Rob
Sponsored